Did a dumb thing, need some advice.

So I was on a trip and I met an awesome guy that treated me and well and we had hour long conversations during the trip. Knowing he had a girlfriend, I asked him to add my on Facebook. He said he never uses Facebook, so he told me to follow him on twitter. Looking at other peoples Facebook on the trip. I see that he added them, but didn't want to add me, even though we talked the whole time together. Trying to figure out why, I felt that he liked me and didn't want his girlfriend or family to see in case I wrote on his wall?

When I was about to leave, I asked him if he wanted to kiss and he said he had a girlfriend and that he was tempted but that he couldn't. I felt horrible and said sorry and he said it was all good. And I never heard from him again. Its only been a month. I want to talk to him and want to tell him Merry Christmas because there was no harm, no foul right? but I don't want to get shot down again. I have a feeling that he would welcome the "Merry Christmas" though and I really want to be on good terms with him and be able to talk to him, even though I probably may never see him again, considering I'm in US and he's in UK.

My self-esteem needs your help.

What's Your Opinion?

0/2000

What Girls Said 1

What Guys Said 3

• You could send him a message on Facebook, some people have it set in that everybody can message them. Or you could text him, if you have his number and if not... I'm afraid the best thing to do is leave it and him. He has a girlfriend, so best thing to do is back off and distract yourself so you could forget about him.

Could be he's not contacting you because he felt it was a fling, something he shouldn't have done since he has a girlfriend.

• Selected as most helpful

your self esteem has nothing to do with it, he turned you down not because of you but because he was decent enough not to cheat on his girlfriend. But merry Christmas is fine saying that it isn't really a sign of anything lol, people text everyone on their contacts that nowadays.

• no wouldn't be bad, and probably because like me, I cba to contact everyone I have ever spoke to just to say merry Christmas. go for it but don't expect him to suddenly fall madly and wildly in love with you lol

• Would it be bad if I did? Isn't there a reason why he hasn't contacted me?

• Leave it be and get on with your life, he shouldn't have had those long talks with you in the first place, maybe he was just been polite, guys do strange things when they are without their partners. Put yourself in his girlfriends shoes, would you like your boyfriend talking to a female stranger?

There is nothing wrong with your self-esteem, what were you wishing to happen?

• Well you can be like Carrie, from Homeland. She just kept on going for the guy until he ultimately ended up divorcing his wife for her. I don't recommend it but its a possibility.