If a man stares at you a lot what does it mean?

he always stares at me for ages and when he sees me he says hello with a big smile and makes eye contact which seems like a long time .. when ever I talk to him he can't stop saying my name he said it six times in the space of ten minutes once and he always goes out of his way to wave at me when he is in his car ...what does this mean? this man is my local vet we know each other for 3 years !

What's Your Opinion?

0/2000

What Girls Said 48

What Guys Said 39

• Well it seems to me like he really likes you. A guy can't make it anymore obvious, he is just too afriad to tell you.

• it just means that he is interested in you

• Wow .. okay so this is not weird to me at all because I, along with my other female classmates, experienced this from our 7th grade Algebra teacher. He'd go out his way to see if we needed help on problems and such.

Bottom line, it means one of two things:

1) He's just overly nice. The touchy-feely ridiculously nice type. Now-a-days people are generally so mean to the point to where we're not really used to these nice people existing in our everyday lives.

and the second,

2) He's a CREEP. Never go to the vet's office alone; TAKE YOUR PARENT.

If the situation gets too bad, you might need to find another vet. Or better yet, have your parent take your pet to his office.

I hope I've given you something to think about, lol.

( :

• If he is looking at you that much and goes out of his way to get your attention and hold it then he is deffinetly into you. I say if your interestead in him too make a move and talk to him first and maybe go on a date. the best of luck to you.

• He definitely likes you. But wait, how old is he? Your under 18, and he has a job. There's no doubt he's into you, just make sure it's not illegal before you make your move.

• Lol well he likes for fer sure..and if not like like then he would like to date but there's not like nothing going on in his mind fer sure! well I think you should talk to him a lot more and ask him out to dinner or something along that lines :) and see were it goes from there :}

• I would say that the signs point to him liking you, but there are fa few things to consider.

You said he's your local vet, does that mean you're a client at his animal clinic (i.e. you bring your pets there), or is he just the local vet in your area? If you're a client, he might just be friendly because you're a client. For example, I'm a nurse, so when I talk to my clients, I always smile and am very friendly, I'll say their name to make them feel more at ease and more trusting of me, and if I see them outside my work environment, I'm still friendly because I don't want them to think that my friendliness is just an act.

Also, some people are friendlier toward people depending on their upbringing or their culture.

Have you noticed if acts similar to all women, or to you in particular?

• Depending on the age gap and whether you two are potential partners for each other... considering he's a veterinarian and your profile says your 16... it's more than likely a fatherly or gentlemanly type thing.

My local doctor does the same thing, goes out of his way to say hello, makes good eye contact etc... it's just because he remembers me from when I was scraping my knees climbing trees.

And you've known each other for awhile so he's probably just admiring the charming young woman you've grown into being.

• That's cute :) I think he liked you, but before asking him out or something make sure he doesn't have a family or something, that could be quite embarassing :P But otherwise, he's a gentleman :)

• um. weird. pedo (kus ur underage haha x

D ) hmm nah I think this is really weird...hmmm the persons up to sumthing...try asking o.0

• How many years apart are you two? Are you sure it is a good idea to pursue a relationship? Oh, and by the way, unless he is just OVERLY friendly, he REALLY likes you. I wouldn't even worry about that. Just don't hide the fact that you like him back, or you will send a big boatload of mixed signals. Smile, stare and wave right back! Good luck, girl!

• he most def likes you.

• Talk to him it seems like he is shy but likes you maybe go out for coffee or something?

• Okaay thanks for that !!!

but how would I ask him out its jsut I'm really shy around him too because I like him aswell :P

• He's interested alright. I don't know if it's just me but, if I don't like a guy, I wouldn't stare at him, period. If I want to be friendly, I'd say hi. Talk about everyday life. But never stare.

• Um... I think that he just likes you. I mean youve known him for like 3 years. DO NOT be afraid of him. I'm actually impressed that he can do that. I would be completely afraid to do that. Just acknowledge that he likes you and be friendly.

• intiate something... give him ur number, ask to go out for coffee. he could just be shy soo take control and if he really likes you he would def wanna hang out w u

• He sure seems interested. Those are pretty obvious signs :]

• He's into you. It seems like you get him nervous whenever you are around him, that's why he says your name repeatedly. But if he's too old, don't try to pursue it.

• I think he is obsessed with you. What if you two gently talk about it? Otherwise you'll have the same problem with him for years..

(unless you like him? then play game back!

but if he is a local vet he is to old :D)

• If he doesn't do this to anyone else then I would say he definitely likes u, no one goes out of the way to make that much eye contact etc unless they are interested in u...

• Show More
  • Selected as most helpful

Could be a couple of things - Could mean he's in deep like with you lol , I don't know bout love, or he could have some other things on his mind. Seems a little obsessive but hey everybody has their own way of showing things. Id say he just like you alot.

• he sounds like a creepy old man

thats just what I think

• If this is the question you wanted me to answer id sadly have to say you have all the answers you need everyones told you what I would... he's very interested in you and he likes/loves you being over the span of 3 years probably means love though, you probably really grew on him and he is always trying to give you apparent hints so you will respond to them, so there's not much I could help you with sorry but all it is really is he loves you

• he likes you :) he's just afraid of saying it lol

how old is he?

• sounds like he is interestead in you. either sexualy or relationship wise

• He is displaying his dominance, he clearly finds you attractive, the traits dispalyed are the same as if a woman liked a man.. eye contact. Question is what do you want.. he may need some signal...

• He is almost 30 and you are 18? His behaviour is creepy. Better watch out. Talk to him only in public places. Do not go to his house, don't accept other "risky" offers. Can't guarantee this is not some kind of a rapist. His profession makes me think he could be.

Or maybe he has some childish love attitude towards you. Like a kid has for his teddy bear...

By all means, this should be put on a shelf.

• he definitely likes you, I can't say anything else, the most important thing is if he goes his way to help you, that is very important. FYI thanks for answering my question.

• there is no doubt this guy loves u, and nothing short of a gentleman. He stares at u, and knows ur name that much lol. All I see is a guy who can treat a real woman right, you might be that lucky one lol

• I agree with a lot of people that he must like you. But some things sound kinda weird. This a little off topic but how old is he?

• Only a few years older? you're sixteen... and you said he was your local vet. that doesn't make much sense to me. but I also noticed you're from ireland so does that mean that people can become vets at extremely young ages in that country?

• Only a few years older than me :)

thanks for answering XD

• I'm sure he likes you! That's what I would do if I like a girl! There's no doubt about that!

• yea he really likes you alot...though it seems a bit creepy, though they are all strong signs he like you but he sort of takes them a little to far in my book.

• Sounds like he is interestead in you, although I would have to see how he acts in person to confirm this.

• hey...if he stares at you then probably he is interested in you because I guess it's not like something very strange stare. Everything else you said just pointed out as a very casual things. And about saying ur name 6 times, that is actually funny. If you think that he is nice and decent guy and good for you then you can take ur chances. But if you have any doubts then just don't make any further move towards a relationship.

be patient.

take care

• it sounds like he probably has a thing for you yep, but it is hard to see without seeing how he acts around you and stuff. is he like a lot older then you?

• Personally I just think he is being friendly, anyone in that sort of job (were they have daily interactions with a lot of people) have to be able to come across as friendly. They also generally like to keep a good raport with the people they help. I think you're over analyzing since you like him, I've done the same thing many times. Personally the age thing would be a barrier... I know love conquers all and so on. But it's rare that a guy takes interest in someone so much younger than themselves... It would also create problems between parents and friends. My advice would be to leave it as it is. It has more cons than pros.

• is he european?

• Man, I honestly don't need stupid comments like this from a guy who is terrible with women so I'm going to block you

• Are you like a retard?

• Not a clue, even if he does he will be too shy to ask you out because not only of age but more because he is your vet, and you are his client so you'll probably will need to make the first move

• Show Older
  • Yeah it does sound like he likes you. It is possible for an older guy to fall for a younger girl like yourself. It's rare but possible. Most people immediately view it as creepy and disturbing but that's not always the case. But any situation like this would still have to be approached with caution. There are plenty of creeps out there too so you have to use common sense. And you would have to be open about this with your parents. It wouldn't be wise to see him without them knowing.

• ur 16, if he's a qualified vet he's gotta be at least 5-6 years older than you... sounds like a paedo to me...

• In Aus its legal to have sex with anyone 16 years and older, maybe it's different where you are from, and kind of strange to say when MANY people marry girls who are 10+ years younger than they are

• he's thinking about sex.

• First of all he is a guy so he is always thinking about sex. he probably likes you but not sure about that.

• Lol!!!!

do you think he likes me a little or a lot ??

and how can you tell that he wants to have sex ??

thanks :))

• Of course with you. he thinks you are hot and is thinking about having sex with you.

• Show Older
  • It means he really has the hots for you! Simple as that :-)

• Show More