What are brownie points and what they mean?

Are brownie points just saying that you impressed her?

Does this mean that she like me or at least interested?

Updates:
We are good friend moving in a good direction. I don't think that I never kissed her that much lol.

What's Your Opinion?

0/2000

What Girls Said 5

What Guys Said 2

• Selected as most helpful

Well for me...If I said that my now boyfriend scored brownie points, (I'd say this to my friends), it meant that he said/did something that was good/made me happy/made me realize what kind of guy he was.

Now that I'm dating him... scoring brownie points now may help him if he says the wrong thing. haha.

• for me a brownie point is when a guy gets "extra points" on my good side for something that I didn't expect from him. like hanging out with my little brother or liking dogs as much as me.

• For me brownie points is not a good thing. It means that you got good points by sucking up to a boss.

Ass-licking so to speak, hence the term "brownie".

But in the context of a relationship it probably doesn't mean that :P

• No, Brownie points comes from the girl scouts-style group the Brownies.

• thats how its used where I'm from to but it can also mean did something to get on her/his good side.

• Inn most cases it means that You did something that made Her happy,

Or if She's fat it could mean that She wants to eat You...

• em I relly don't know ... my guess is that there like gold stars .. every girl call them something different ...

• it can mean like gold stars

• It's like the points in Who's Line is it Anyway. They're probably good, but they don't matter and really don't exist.

• The true meaning has been lost over time, but it essentially means you are "kissing ass", ala "brown nosing".

I like thinking that it has to do with brownies, they are delicious... but really, when you're sticking your face so far up someone's ass you are getting "brownie points".