Girls, How Long Do You Intentionally Wait Before You Text A Guy Back?

Just wondering if girls really intentionally wait to text a guy if they like him?

This question has a poll!

What's Your Opinion?

0/2000

What Girls Said 65

What Guys Said 5

• Selected as most helpful

If I'm busy I won't just drop everything to respond to a text...no matter who's it from, but if I'm not doing anything and I can actually reply right away, I will.

If he starts playing some sh*tty mind games I'd just drop the conversation all together, and him with it. I have no patience for those sort of games.

• i think I just fell in love

• Faster better.

• Yes I do wait to text a guy don't want to seem so clingy or needy.

If he takes long to reply to my texts ill do the same.

• it depends how long its taking him to text back, usually after I've read it and all but if he's taking bout 10 minutes il do the same.

• 2 minutes answer mine? link

• i seriously hate waiting to reply. if I don't reply right away, it's because I'm busy. I hate it when my friends are all like you should wait to reply your crush play hard to get I'm all like pfftt f*** that sh*tt I hate that srsly why do that

• Usually I'll wait 5-10 minutes or right away depends on how long he takes to text me back.

• Sometimes we'll make them wait, but then other times we just really want to talk to you so we'll reply immediately. Unless you give us half assed answers like just "okay" or "lol yeah" that always pisses me off cause it makes me have to think of another topic and its really tiring if you do it all of the time.

• I don't intentionally wait, if I don't text right back its cause I don't have my phone on me.

• pretty much as soon as he texts.. I'd even pause a videogame to text him back C:

• hahahah that's cute :p

• chick + video games + instant text = I'm in love where are u...

• If we aren't close I tend to take awhile, if we are then we text instantly or whenever we can.

• If I'm busy I wait until I'm not, but when I'm not busy, I purposely respond as quickly as he does :P If he responds right away I will, If it takes him 20 minutes I'll wait at least 15 so he thinks I'm busy too :P I admit it's probably dumb, but I guess it's habit! I don't wana seem too eager! And I guess I think you seem more desirable if you're a busy lady.

• i usually reply as soon as I get the text.

• Well if its a guy a like then I will wait about a minute and text them as soon as I get the text from them.

• voted A

• depends on how much I'm interested in the conversation and the guy.

• I don't respond right away, usually wait a couple minutes. but nobody likes a texting lagger!

• i reply really quickly

• provdided I have something to say, I text back right away.

• if I like someone, I will text them back right away. unless I'm busy doing something but other than that, asap

• The only reason it would take me longer to text back is if I really wanted to not make myself look like an idiot or something, so I would think about my reply. I know I don't like the feeling of waiting for a reply in an important text conversation, so I don't intentionally make the guy wait. Unless I don't have time to reply.

Often I reply really quickly, if I can, because I'm anxious about the guy's response.

• Show More
  • So I guess if a girl hasn't texted back the next day, she doesn't like me?

• I don't text.

• I'm going through this BS with a couple new girls right now. So annoying. I can tell they're just trying to gauge how interested I am by how quickly I get back to them. F*cking idiot women...

To answer your question, I prefer to just text back immediately as a courtesy. I like being taken seriously and answered quickly. I've learned to tone down my resentment on this subject since I used to just stop talking to them when I sensed this was happening (and then they'd text like crazy!) and allow a little game playing, but I still have an extremely low tolerance for it. It's probably because I have an actual life and things to do so I don't need to use mind games on a f*cking cell phone as entertainment, unlike most of the single women out there.

• f*** mind games, reply as soon as you get it or I won't waste my time with you. unless you explain that you were busy and I believe you.

• Other, because most women seem to think the guy needs to be texting first. But if you mean back, probably asap.

• That's a mindset YOU women have. Truth is, if you text first, you don't come off as desperate to us guys at all. Just interested. If you CONSTANTLY text non-stop all day, ya.. desperate then.

• then thing is I think , that we girls think .. if girl texts first they tend to come off as desperate .

but anyway I reply quickly and I'm busy ill just say I'm busy in a good so it doesn't feel like an excuse..

• Yea, same experience here...

Most girls thinks that the man should text them first, and that is just a bit annoying, since you not always can tell if they are interested then :-)