My friend Has Schizophrenia and is seeing a person that's not real. What do it do?

My friend had Schizophrenia and he is seeing this girl that he has been seeing for quite some time.. He doesn't know how to stop it and doesn't know how to ignore it.. He is on medicine and goes to a therapist.. It is about to hurt our relationship... someone helpme.. Give me some advice on how to stop it of how to help him ignore it

What's Your Opinion?

0/2000

What Girls Said 3

What Guys Said 2

• link

link

I really don't know how to. I just found these sites. hope it helps. good luck :)

• I'm sorry.. But you got to let him go.. There is no future there and nothing you can do. Schizophrenia is a form of insanity. There is a very high rate of suicide among the people inflicted with it.

Another problem is that at some point many stop using the meds.

There is no stopping and ignoring.

• Looks like you are the one who needs to chill

• Okay one you do not know the whole situation.. unlike you one person has been talking to me about it al night so chill with the rudeness

• Umm wrong again. I had a cousin who suffered from schizophrenia. I speak from experience . But suite yourself.

• Show Older
  • Has he asked the therapist this question for professional advice about how to handle it? Maybe he should increase the medication or switch to something else that's more effective, has he looked into that? That's probably his best bet.

It might just be something he has to live with--seeing people that aren't real and trying to ignore them. Is the girl friendly at least?

• I thought of something else you can help him with, maybe ElijahCynicism proposed this already to you. But in getting a new doctor ASAP your friend will probably have to cold call several different physicians to see who takes his insurance (if any) and who is taking new patients. You could probably help him with that process and also do some extra internet research rating doctors. You will want to find a psychiatrist (an MD) who is either very knowledgeable or specializes in schizophrenia.

• If it were me I'd switch doctors ASAP and get other opinions since his therapist has no other ideas. Maybe he should stay on the zombie meds to keep the girl away and keep him safe until someone has another plan. Does your friend have family or someone else who can help take care of him while he's on the zombie meds?

• Waaah, sorry to but in on your answer Alchemy but, QA, tell him to get a new therapist, first of all, but tell him about Apriprozal; Abilify. It's a dopamine analgesic, and it had NO sedative effect - that means it can't possibly make you a zombie. It intact enhances the flow of dopamine, which means he should be even more energised in terms of life. It's very new, only a few years old, but it's very, very exciting in the world of anti-psychotics. That could be a good answer

• Show Older
  • Selected as most helpful

Does he want it to stop? First and foremost, I mean, is this a disturbing experience for him?

I've got Schizophrenia, and I talk to things that aren't there. I quite like that, I enjoy that part of the schizophrenia. That's like, the fun bit, ahaha. But there are some things that are extremely disturbing and scary, especially when you can't stop them, so I can see how this could be either really good or extremely, extremely bad.

I have more to say, depending on the answer, by the way. It's not rhetorical.

• I don't know... He just started seeing her when he was in eighth grade at a party.. Yes this not being able to be with anyone like relationship wise... This is all caused by her...

• I don't really understand... And this is caused by her? What's the connection?

• It doesn't necessarily make him not see girls its just every time he's with a girl she is always telling him he is a bad person and he don't know what to do anymore

• Show Older
  • leave him?