10 Signs You're Not Over Your Ex

10 Signs You're Not Over Your Ex

Breakups are always easier said then done. Even after you've convinced others and yourself that you're over him or her, there may be some signs that you're still not over your ex.

1. Everything reminds you of him or her.

Food, music, places, just about everything reminds you of him or her.

2. You post subliminal messages on social media.

The passive aggressive relationship quotes and lyrics you post on Instagram and Facebook, yes I'm talking about the one you found on Pinterest and posted this morning.

3. You still haven't updated your Facebook relationship status.

If you still haven't changed your relationship status from "in a relationship" to "single," you clearly still have hope that you two will get back together.

4. You still check his social media accounts.

You just want to make sure he or she is as miserable as you or hasn't replaced you yet.

5. You go places where you think you might see him or her.

You still remember his or her routine, so you try to work out at the gym at the same time or get a smoothie at his or her favorite spot.

6. You rationalize ridiculous reasons to contact him or her.

His or her favorite store is having a sale and you think you should let them know, nope, put the phone down!

7. You bring him or her up on dates.

Asking about previous relationships is standard, but don't start ranting or raving about him or her. The new boo does not want to hear all that.

8. You ask mutual friends how your ex is doing.

You just want to make sure he or she is okay and maybe ask if they've asked about you.

9. Your friends are tired of hearing you talk about him or her.

After a breakup, it's natural for you to confide in your friends and vent, but if it's been a long time and no matter the topic you still bring him up, you're friends are over him, even though you aren't

10. You still have his clothes, the photos and presents.

You still have photos of you two around, you guys are your wallpaper on your phone or computer, and you still have every single present he or she gave you.

It's natural to miss somebody you used to consume yourself with; it will get easier with time. If you're still experiencing some of the signs above, you are clearly not over your ex.

119

Most Helpful Guy

• I really only think about six of them all that often. The rest are blurry memories now. The first of those six, I've long come to accept is a loser, and don't bother with her anymore. But she was my first high school crush. So there will always be that. The second one is dead now. That makes her hard to get over, though I know most of this list doesn't apply to that.

The last four were such backstabbing, heartless bitches; that I've started re-thinking my taste in women after them. But safe to say I don't get hung up on wanting to see them again. More like worried I might run into them again. And wishing to avoid a fight.

Most Helpful Girl

• It's normal to have memories of your ex throughout your daily life even if you've broken up. I do find it's a lot easier to get over them when there is a new man in your life however.

Sponsored

Join the discussion

What Guys Said 8

• Waaaaaaay to true and accurate

• 1. No
    2. not posting stuff
    3. haven't updated anything on facebook including my relationship status since a year ago
    4. don't use facebook really tbh
    5. we use the same train to the university + go to the same gym... so it's kinda forced
    6. why?
    7. not been dating since...
    8. no, they ask me :D
    9. no they talk to me/ ask me about her
    10. presents.. yes... in the cellar... aaand that reminds me she "borowed" my shirt...

well i think i am in the clear

• That last one shouldn't be a problem if you're smart and breakup with the person right after you get all your belongings back from them. I block their number if they do #6.

• I've done 5, and then when I actually encountered her I didn't know what to say and made it even worse, haha. Not much to add except that it was a great list.

• I do every single one of them

• guilty. I don't want to forget and make the same mistakes

• 1. The bitch still keeps calling for favors, and can't take a fucking hint.
    2. Every month, money I could have spent on my kids disappears from my bank account, only to end up as another useless iGadget or another piece of trash ink.

• Another sign is that you try so hard to find a way to get back at them. It's very counterproductive and can hurt your chances with potential dates/relationships.

The one person I dated who was the most hung up on an ex was this girl who used me as a tool to make her ex jealous that not only did she say she'd tell him she's with a cooler guy (me) if we ran into him on our date but asked me to make fun of him for his babydick right after. Who the fuck does that? After she ditched me, she went back to the ex she complained about (go figure).

Lesson learned, when someone talks about their ex, especially in a very negative way like she did, I wouldn't consider dating them, no matter how hot they are or how long of a dry spell you had. People like that can fuck you up, at least mentally, big time.

What Girls Said 10

• Story of my life lol...

• I don't need to read this to know I'm not over him. :|

• It'll take some time, but after that everything's gonna be alright. It was same with me (and yeah I'm a men). But then I said, damn it was good experience, why should I be unhappy, it happened what happened and move on. There'll be also good time after that. So yeah be happy and just move on ;)

• I do almost all of this, I don't really feel that spark I used to feel with him but I guess I'm not over him

• I do 2 of them but I'm definitely over him.
    I have all the presents because I'm a hoarder. And almost everything reminds me of him because I did almost everything with him for 5 years lol

• I don't know anyone who honestly thinks they're over their exes when they do any of those things.

• ha! still not over him but I will :)

• I got over my ex not too long ago.

• And on that note, I have no feelings what so ever for my ex.

• I got over my ex not too long ago.

• I brought her up on one date but we didn't even talk about her. We hardly did. I just said "she was trying to make me feel bad but she couldn't" then my date said "you're over it?" And I was proud to say yes! But other than that nothing