10 inspiring quotes to move on after break up.

Watching you walk out of my life does not make me bitter or cynical about love. But rather makes me realize that if I wanted so much to be with the wrong person, how beautiful it will be when the right person comes along.
― Nicholas Sparks, author of Dear John

Pain is inevitable. Suffering is optional.
― M. Kathleen Casey, Canadian politician

I will not try to convince you to love me, to respect me, to commit to me. I deserve better than that; I AM BETTER THAN THAT...Goodbye.
― Steve Maraboli, author of Life, the Truth and Being Free

Hold on to the thought that no emotion lasts forever, no matter how wonderful or how terrible the emotion may be. The tears may last a little longer than you would like, but it will get better. I promise.
― Osayi Osar-Emokpae, author of Because You Deserve Love

But thinking never took away tears. Only time did.
― Allan Folsom, author of The Day After Tomorrow

Life always waits for some crisis to occur before revealing itself at its most brilliant.
― Paulo Coelho, author of The Alchemist

We must be willing to let go of the life we've planned, so as to have the life that is waiting for us.
― Joseph Campbell, writer of The Hero with a Thousand Faces

Someone I loved once gave me a box full of darkness. It took me years to understand that this too, was a gift.
― Mary Oliver, poet of American Primitive

Love arrives exactly when love is supposed to,And love leaves exactly when love must. When love arrives, say, "Welcome. Make yourself comfortable." If love leaves, ask her to leave the door open behind her. Turn off the music, listen to the quiet, whisper, "Thank you for stopping by.
― Sarah Kay and Phil Kaye, poets and co-founders of Project VOICE.

Thanks for giving me the chance to find better than you .
- By me. lol

20

Join the discussion

What Girls Said 2

• Great take.

All these thoughts are sooo true.

In specially liked "Hold on to the thought that no emotion lasts forever, no matter how wonderful or how terrible the emotion may be. The tears may last a little longer than you would like, but it will get better. I promise."
    and
    "But thinking never took away tears. Only time did."

I used to suffer immensely from breakups, but then I realized what always made it worse was that I was unconsiously believing is was going to be an eternal pain. It's important to always keep in mind that, no matter how much you're suffering from a breakup, you'll be fine sooner than later. And the sooner you take this into account, the less time it takes for pain to go away.

• Very encouraging.

What Guys Said 0

Share the first opinion in your gender