4 Things to Consider Before Taking Your Ex Back

4 Things to Consider Before Taking Your Ex Back....

Now we’ve all done this. Wanting your ex back is perfectly normal. How can you not want them back when you’ve done so much together? Shared so many memories and even darkest secrets. It’s okay to miss it all and want it all back. Now time has passed and you want your ex and they still talk to you. This is something I had recently gone through (really rough patch of having space away and getting back together). These are 4 things that I considered and will be helpful for those that would like to get back with their ex.

1. It will never be the same

Don’t look at this relationship like how you did before. You both have your guards up, you both think and act differently because you took time away to think on your own.Realize that no matter what a second time around it won't be easy (trust me I personally know it's not easy a second time around). It will take a while to build up trust (trust me it will) before things go back to how they once were, just have patience.

2. Not everyone will support you

To be honest this is the hardest thing to deal with. Not everyone will support this because they are the ones that had to see you happy one minute and then crying the next. Personally I am going through this now. My best friend I call her a sister (over 10 years being together as friends) and she had to witness me go through the hardest breakup, had to witness the weightless, had to witness me at my lowest point and then to see me back with him (which he and I never do) she has her guard up, she isn’t trusting him and wants him to prove himself before she can feel okay with him in my life. Your family/ friends will always want the best for you and if they become a witness to the heartbreak and then see you back together of course they’ll be hesitant. Just accept this and know you can’t control everything. Things take time and make sure that your family/friends have the time (patience is key with this).

3. Root of your breakup

Why did it happen? Before getting back together you need to really think why it happened. Ask yourself if the root of the problem can be or has been fixed. Was the breakup caused by something small or big? We want to stand up for the person and regardless of what people think you just want to see the best in them. If you personally look at the root of the problem and know deep down you can’t let it go or just can’t seem to see the best in that person then it’s a sign to walk away.

4. Is this an old habit?

It’s like chewing your nails, picking your nose, singing songs while in the shower. Some habits never go away and if this is becoming a habit to the point that it’s like addiction you need to cut it off. Just because it’s easy and comfortable doesn’t mean it’s right for you. It’s like playing a video game, once you’ve played it and mastered it so many times you lose interest and begin to waste your time.

I hope these 4 things to consider help. If you want me to talk about a topic feel free to message me. Please leave a comment below of what you think, what other things do you need to consider before getting with an ex. Thank you all very much and god bless J <3

46
Khaleesi89 is a GirlsAskGuys Editor
Who are Editors?

Most Helpful Guy

• And this is exactly why I refuse to date someone with excess baggage. A girl I dated briefly who used me as a rebound, is constantly in an on and off relationship with her ex probably 10+ times, not even exaggerating! over the past 6 years. When she got back with this guy after using me to get back at him, I called her out on her bullshit. Yet she victimizes herself and claims I'm the asshole. Then she'll be in a cycle of seeing this guy till he cheats on her and uses her and then says he's a big asshole but then say he's so perfect and no one lives up to him. No wonder she's so fucked in the head.

Most Helpful Girl

• I personally never got back with an ex and I'm glad my exes never tried to get me back especially since it did not work the first time

Sponsored

Join the discussion

What Guys Said 5

• Ugh all this made me think of was that i can't enjoy rewartching boy meets world after watching that seeing that sickening spinoff

• There was a mytake that said never take your ex back.

• My ex got fat and she'll never not be fat.

• This is why marriage / relationships need to go... They just don't work in today's society

• Repetition is the mother of all learning (old Latin proverb) :P

What Girls Said 3

• I could of used this article aged 17 and feeling like my relationship break up was the end of the world. Instead I chose to spend a week crying and watching The Notebook 😂

• in my case second time it was way worse than the first time. So I wouldn't go for a 3rd time not even if I have to stay alone forever.

• It makes a lot of sence, is definitely not an option to take my ex back :(