The Truth About A Broken Heart

The Truth About A Broken Heart.

It hurts.

You hoped for something and it didn't turn out how you wanted it to. And how badly did you want it. You wanted a future with them, you wanted something real. We've all been there. You find yourself feeling this ache you've never felt before. Every hope you had has turned bitter and it gets harder and harder to find a smile in you. It's like a weight has been left on your chest and you don't know how to get it off.

And then you are angry.

Angry at them for leaving you or rejecting you. Angry at yourself because it didn't work out and you have found something in you to blame. Angry at love because it has hurt you. Angry.

But one day it gets better.

If it hasn't happened yet it will. One day, somehow, you wake up and the pain is just a little less than it was yesterday. You try at a smile and it works. And you don't know how, but you know it will get better.

You grow stronger than you were before. You have confidence again and the next time you think of them again, it's with a little less pain.

And you feel hope, maybe it's the first date since the last one. The first flutter of you heart when a handsome stranger smiles at you. But somehow you know that the pain is beginning to end.

And the one who broke your heart is less, and less in your thoughts. You no longer dream of what could have been with them but what is going to be with someone else.

Then the heartache of the past is nothing more than a memory.

The point of this, my reader, is to remind you that whatever pain you are experiencing now; it WILL get better. Things always do.

1119

Most Helpful Guy

• Maybe other men, or maybe women move on better. But I've never healed each fail is like losing a finger or a scab on my heart. It does not kill me, it does not stop me from trying again. But there is something different, something more than a memory, even finding happiness in someone else I am still changed by the things of the past- I think differently , I see things differently, things feel differently, music sounds different, even sometimes food tastes different.
    I am a huge pessimist, or maybe your a huge optimist. but from most the guys I know personally and even in this chat, they are changed forever better or worse. Maybe you're still young.
    But on a different note Nice take! you are brave to venture into the fields of love talk at such an age it will make you much stronger later, Best of Luck rookie.

• I may be a huge optimist, it's probably because I've grown up seeing my parents still in love after thirty years and I can't help hoping for that for me. My mom always tells me that she fell in love with a jerk and a player in high school. He played her and then dropped her. My mom dated a couple guys afterwards but that jerk was always in the back of her mind. Until she met my dad. She said that whenever she was with him, there was absolutely no one else. That's what made me write this. Just wanted to make sure that even though it hurts, and may change you, there's still someone out there who makes it all make sense again.

• You have a great outlook of the future and life. Stay true to it and never forget it, haha but hell you don't need me telling you that

Most Helpful Girl

• I went through this and I'm nearly getting to the last step... Yes it hurts so bad but things are getting better day by day.. Thank you for this MyTake 😊

Sponsored

Join the discussion

What Guys Said 18

• In my experience, it goes more like this:

1. She got your hopes up.
    2. She crushed your hopes. And laughed. It hurts.
    3. You're angry.
    4. You discover just how many new enemies she's created for you behind your back.
    5. You're afraid. Time for damage control.
    6. You want revenge, but realize it would do no good.
    7. You wait for an opportunity to start over.
    8. New opportunity comes. You're absolutely terrified inside that the cycle will repeat. Approach everything as if on thin ice.
    9. She suddenly dies.
    10. You start asking God why your love life is worse than Spider-Man's.
    11. Lather, rinse, repeat.

• What if that 'one day' never comes? Whatif u are not capable of forgetting, forgiving &moving on?

• Right now it might seem that way. I have been where you are. Know it gets better, and remember that amazing things happen when you have faith.

• Things dont get better.. We just get used to the pain.. Thats all... Thank you for being so kind... No one does that easily... Its funny how i said the same things and yet its me who needs to convinced of it... thanks anyway

• My pleasure have a great day!

• I disagree with a few points. I cannot say that after nine years the pain has all quite gone, and certainly the regret remains. And I was never angry with love. It was she who had hurt me. The villain was not love, it was her lack of it.

• This is what is happening to me right now i love a girl but i dont know if she does the same. Nice take love it

• Thankyou! my ex broke up with me recently, I hope this is true

• Heartbreak is a privelage denied to many. Be grateful.

• Nice mytake!!! Kept my hopes up, literally... Keep posting!

• Mehran Dabdeh. Search him on youtube. He knows more than all gagers together.

• Great Take. I have been down this path multiple times with getting rejected by girls.

• don't hate players, hate the game (you).

• I hope you're right. Nearly a year after being cheated on I'm still a hurt but not as much

• She mended my broken heart from someone else only for her to break it again herself I trusted her with it. If id know she was going to break it i would have walked away sooner, We had a great realtionship no arguments nothing. When I told her I loved her she flipped out and said she doesn't do the L word. Then I was dumped. She's from a previous abusive relationship and I believe she has commitment phobia. It hurts so bad. I loved her so much. Two heartbreaks in 12 months is hard to take. I've gone no contact.

• It is a lot harder to hold out hope and swallow it all when you yourself was the bumbling fool who broke your own damn heart. Wish I never even spoke to her sometimes. Then I wouldn't have to live with the knowledge that I turned everything cold with my inability.

• Its been three years since the last girl I really loved rejected me. Labeling me a stalker and creep. Even after all this time if I still se someone that looks like her I get a shock, trembling hands and start to sweat. Until I realize it isn't her and it all goes away except for the memories and pains.

Does she know how badly I fell for her? No

Will she ever know? No.

• Somethings never heal, and never turn into memories... when ever where you look you are reminded, you just learn to live with it and deal with it as it comes
    It is a good Take, and a great job, seriously, but not everything is as clear cut, how I wish it were but some of us are never afforded that opportunity.. at least I never was.. maybe one day I'll put it behind me.. or maybe not, I'm not sure... either way, I still do hope she's happy, wherever and who ever she is and she is with

• i read this and started to tear up.

she dumped me this morning.

i feel like she was the only one i iwll ever like.

• The only thing is if you've consumed to much pain from people. you end up hating people. and the only way you can stop it is if someone out their shows you they love you.

• Actually, It seems the above post is incomplete. There are few more states of us:

The Heart-break Loop:
    -------------------------------
    You fall in love again. And before you know that you are in love, your heart is broken. This happens again and again.

Final State:
    ---------------
    And one day you decide that it is enough. You are not strong enough for heart-breaks anymore. You decide to stay single - Fall in love with yourself. Because You can't do anything about it.

• Well sometimes it does happen again. But that isn't how it ends, unless you give up. While I agree that you need to love your self,, there is also someone else out there to love.

• Anon you are 18-24... You have years to meet someone, most men dont get married or have children until they are in their thirties now.

What Girls Said 10

• Honestly, a broken heart never really goes away. If you truly were in love, the pain that you feel right after the break up can still come up from time to time but it never really disappears. Breaking up hurts like hell especially if it is the real thing.

• More like you get hurt, he rips your heart out of your chest after he's completely tore you down as a person. You're damaged goods now, you're broken from how you've been handled. It turns every single person you want to like you away because they can't love someone as broken as you. You decide you're better off being alone forever because you can't go through any more heartbreak because your heart isn't there anymore.

• You are really right. This Mytake is fabulous.

• this is why I hate when someone actually break down my walls then go. not because he didn't love me anymore, just because we can't handle the fact that we only hurt each other and some other people if were together.

• I loved your take! I completely agree with you, it really does get better. I actually went through everything you wrote about and I thought that I could never love again but thankfully I've been able to move on.

• Time does heal all. Now if only we could purchase bottles of time.

• Absolutely love this!!! Very well said and wonderful points. :)

• That's how I'm feeling right now (hurt).

• Its been two years and it still hurts. So hopefully it gets better.

• Nice myTake , things will get better 😊