How Can I Know if My Lover Will Be Unfaithful?

Trust is a very important part of a relationship. But that doesn't mean you should put your head in the sand like an ostrich and be blind to what's going on around you, or lose all common sense. Sometimes we may enter relationships with a partner who is unfaithful to us. To avoid this, look at certain characteristics and behaviors as this may be a sign of current or future infidelities.

EASILY BORED
Someone who is easily bored may cheat on their mate just to add some excitement to their life, or alleviate boredom.

THRILL SEEKER
This person will cheat for the thrill of doing something forbidden. They view infidelity as other people would view a high-risk sport.

CHEATED BEFORE
Someone who has cheated before and gotten away with it, will likely have no qualms about cheating on their mate again, or cheating on the new relationship in their life because they are confident they can do it again without getting caught.

REQUIRES LOTS OF ATTENTION
Someone who requires constant attention may cheat on their mate if they don’t get enough attention from their partner. They will be easy prey for any man or woman who gives them the attention they feel they deserve.

MATERIALISTIC
A materialistic man or woman is likely to have an affair with a wealthy partner because of the material things they can provide them with. A person of this character may easily be seduced with gifts of money, jewelry, designer clothes, lavish vacations, job connections, career advancement oppurtunities and the like.

VORACIOUS SEXUAL APPETITE
A woman or man whose sex drive greatly exceeds their partner’s, or whose spouse or significant other is lacking in bedroom skills, is much more likely to cheat on their mate.

SEXUAL EXPERIENCE
Someone who has had an extremely active sex life, or who has had numerous sex partners before settling down may find it hard to stay faithful to one person

EGOTISTIC
If your partner is egotistic, any man or woman who feeds their ego can easily get them into bed.

WANTS TO BE THE CENTER OF ATTENTION
If he or she likes being the center of attention, the other person who fawns over them and makes them feel like she’s the love of his life or he is the top stud is likely to score big.

LOW SELF ESTEEM
A partner with low-self esteem is easy prey for someone who flatters them, makes them feel good about themself, or boosts their self esteem.

PARTY HARDY
If your partner runs with a fast crowd, or customarily and hangs out until the wee hours of the night, their lifestyle makes them vulnerable to an affair.

DRUG OR ALCOHOL ADDICTED
Someone who overindulges in alcohol is susceptible to infidelity because their inhibitions will be lowered and their judgment impaired. More seriously, a drug addict may sell their body or perform favors for drugs. Either type of woman or man is likely to cheat without realizing what they're doing.

LOTS OF CLOSE FRIENDS OF THE SAME SEX
Close opposite sex friendships are a common starting point for many affairs. The closer a woman is to a platonic male friend, the more likely it is that he will one day become her lover – unless he’s gay. Vice versa for guys.

FRIENDS WHO ARE CHEATING
Never underestimate the power of peer pressure. If most of their friends are cheating on their mates, it might not be long before she or he is cheating too.

97

Most Helpful Guy

• I love how practically 99% of the human population has at least ONE of these traits. This article is like saying 99% of men will probably be unfaithful. But it's still a nice article, and presents valid points. I myself am guilty of the "requires lots of attention" and "low self-esteem" ones, but I don't see myself ever cheating. I know this because I'm used to having friends, and just because my friends sometimes don't give me attention or flatter me, doesn't mean I get new friends.

Most Helpful Girl

• I would agree with all except the attention one. I think if a person is truly in love than they won't cheat regardless of the attention. Or honestly if a person loves the other at all the attention thing shouldn't be a big issue. It may cause arguments and such, but cheating I would say is pushing it quite a bit.

Join the discussion

What Guys Said 6

• very informative I've noted some of the facts given thanks!

• It's easy to see why trust is such a big issue. On the one hand, I have seen people too eager to believe their partner is innocent. Like denial or head in the sand like you said. On the other hand, there is those who seem to be paranoid and always worry about nothing. Which can involountarily push their partner away. When you are alone and feeling down these thoughts are fed even more. It's easy to see how after being burned a few times would make life hell, in trusting anyone.

• This is terrible I wonder myself sometimes when my friends will find love or I have trust issues myself in relationships. I've had a lot of success analyzing different situations of mistrust and love with this book its helped me a lot and I wish you luck with it also!

link

You can probably find it on Amazon but on here it is Half the price!

• Very useful. Thanks. 5 *s to your article.

• Nice... you should do a follow-up

• I think these are all red flags.......i have a few

What Girls Said 8

• Each person has at least one or two of these things! I have at least 3 or 4 here and I would never ever cheat on my partner. If I don't want him then bye bye, no need for cheating and games!

• Why didn't you just make this shorter and say, "ANYBODY is capable of cheating"

• Personalty, I don't think this author is saying that if you have one of these traits, then you will cheat. He is stating the reasons why the person might have or will cheat for. Even if he is saying that if you have one or more than one of these traits you will cheat, you need to look past that. I think this is a good way to tell why you partner did or will cheat on you.

• :) superb. definitely someone who is just looking for fun. an alpha.

• I think the point of this article at least should be to show that ANYONE could cheat. not everyone will. that's most of the populaton, but not everyone cheats. it really depends on how much you trust them, and how much they love you. anyone could, but not all do.

• I Would Like To Say I Was A Person With ALL Of These Traits!! I Sometimes Felt it Was Good And Never Bad. I Couldn't Stay In A Real Relationship Pass 3 Months Because In My Mind I Was Still Single And Able To Do What. After Those Childish Years I Had Gotten With Someone Who HAD Those Traits And Seen It In A Different View I Thought I Wouldn't See It. But Now I'm In A Wonderful Relationship. My Partner Knows Nothing About My Past. I Have Been Faithful To Him For 4 Months And Going. =)

• A man who is a cheater,will not let you hold his cell phone.He will glue his cell phone on him at all times.When the phone rings,he will answer the phone in the other room.Girls beware of your man.A cheater will always be a cheater.Enough said.

• A person who is a cheater must have this traits .. but a person who has this traits doesn't make him a cheater ;) .. that's the difference .. I loved the list btw , I ll definitely take in consideration =) thumbs up