Which glasses style do you think is the sexiest on a girl?
Close

How To Get a Friend To Stop Hitting On Your Boyfriend

It's really annoying when people flirt with your boyfriend.

Even if it's just friendly it can sometimes be too much. It gets even worse if the person flirting is your friend. When a friend hits on your boyfriend it's hard to stop this without losing the friend, boyfriend, or both. Follow these steps to learn how.

1. Talk to your friend.

Tell her it makes you feel uncomfortable when she flirts with your boyfriend. A good friend will understand and back off. Don't be mean, just let her know that is awkward.

2. Talk about it with your boyfriend.

Tell him it makes you uncomfortable when she flirts with him. Also, ask if he will tell her to stop. If you tell her to back off it's WAY less effective than if he does. (When you tell her, it can often come across as rude or jealous. But if he does it, she will get the point.)

3. Watch your boyfriend and friend together.

Make sure he isn't adding to the situation or flirting with her first. If your boyfriend is encouraging the flirting, then it's time for you to find a new boyfriend.

4. Talk your friend more if it continues.

You may need to become more aggressive if she hasn't stopped by now. Try to remain calm but let her know exactly how you feel. Directly tell her that if she can't respect what you want than she isn't a true friend.

5. Know when its time to end a friendship.

If your friend continues flirting with your boyfriend then you shouldn't be friends. She should understand that what she's doing is wrong, and since she can't- you should not be friends.

Throughout the entire situation- remember that he is YOUR boyfriend. Always stay calm, but know that he likes you more so there is no need to be jealous.

What Guys Said 4

• I think this is like "how to loose a guy in 10 days" thing, COOL!!!!!!

• Hook her up with one of his friends!!! damn not complicated

• Yes, it's rarely necessary to get angry over this. And I would have your boyfriend be the one to talk to her so you don't look like a jealous wacko

• I wonder if girls weren't so paranoid about these things that less guys would cheat.

What Girls Said 5

• Lol I totally disagree with number 2, your boyfriend will just do it even more. what? you think he doesn't know when he's flirting.. puh-lease! Number 3.. you're teaching people to be paranoid.. And as for number 5, I would ditch both. :)

• I would just give them the "what the hell do you think your doing" look without saying anything :) they will get the hint

• Great article, it helps a lot. Thanks for writing it.

• Wow thanks so much! this really helps. I have a friend that is non stop flirting with my boyfriend... it gets really annoying and I feel like she does it on purpose infront of me sometimes, I just never had the courage to actually talk to her about it because I don't want to look like so over protective wack girl I guess... thank you so much, this article really helped me!

• Of course its the guys that comment like that! ^ but you know they would be upset if one of their friends was flirting with their girl!

Join the discussion

0/2500