• Ask
  • myTake

Should I give him another chance?

so I dated this guy for the whole summer, we were never official but before we both went back to school (2 hours away from each other) we had a convo about where this was going and we decided to just take it as it went because we both knew we would be super busy... we kept in touch talked almost everyday visited each other a couple times and what not... over winter break we became official and that's when it all went down hill... the break was great but when we went back to school he broke up with me and told me it was because of the distance and that he was scared(w/e that means) but we still talked all the time because he wanted to be friends...a couple weeks of that went by then he begged for a second chance and told me he would never leave me, blah blah blah... a couple months later he broke up with me again because of the distance..now he's trying to get me back...he calls and texts me all the time telling me he misses me and that he loves me and goes on and on about how stupid he is and he can't believe that he did this to me and I deserve so much better but he knows that this time is going to be different.. I'm wondering what the hell is going on with him and if another chance would be a waste of time?

What's Your Opinion?

0/2000

Most Helpful Opinion

• I'm gonna go out on a limb here and disagree with everyone else here. Repetitive breakups are very unhealthy. When it's done by the same person multiple times, it denotes several negative things; 1) They can't decide whether or not they care about you enough to keep you around. Like you're a decision that hasn't been made quite yet.2) They don't seem to comprehend or feel the hurt that's endured EVERY TIME they break up with you. And really...that kinda takes away the cuteness from the whole; "I was stupid I want you back!" routine, doesn't it?3) Or, worst case scenario, they know for sure that they don't care about you and they're stringing you along. Possibly fooling around with someone else during the "breakup" period so it doesn't constitute as cheating, and then reconciling when they get bored with the other man/lady. The fact that you guys dated for a whole summer (four months should be long enough to test the waters, don't you think?) prior to this whole scenario, but never made it official in any way makes me really question this guy's willingness to commit, or put a romantic label on a relationship. I'd just like to point out now that it's not just the fact that he dumped you (twice! C'mon honey...), it's the WAY he did it. It's not like he dumped you one day, the decision haunted him all night, and called you back the next morning thinking he had made the biggest mistake of his life. There was a long time period of weeks the first time he broke up with you, and MONTHS the second time. Don't you ever wonder why he didn't miss you? When people love each other, it KILLS to be away that long. And distance makes the feeling even worse! The first time should have been bad enough to realize he never wanted to go through that again.The reason he does this to you is because he can. You allow it. And he didn't miss you because you were always still there for him after the breakup, probably acting like the girlfriend you weren't. You guys communicate every day, and because of this, you're giving him the impression that you're always gonna be there should he ever decide to take you back for another spin, and that you'll wait there faithfully until he comes around again in another couple of weeks or months. You're much too good for that. No one should ever have that kind of hold on anybody. Move on and stay friends, how about? If you truly love him that much then by all means, take him back. But if you love and respect yourself more, you won't.

• Even if he loves you, and you love him, you need to be able to depend on him and you aren't able to do this. The repetition just makes for needless drama and distracts you both from the very reason you guys are separated - school. This is unhealthy. If something has changed, let's say he moved to your school, than give it a chance, but as that is not what has happened, it is time to let it go.

What Guys Said 5

• if you really love him, then do it. Otherwise, move on.

• I agree. More than likely you can find someone else. Move on.

• I agree with Blood. If you love him, let him come back.. if not, don't.

• Move on, you deserver a better person then him, That guy is just being inconsiderate towards your feelings and we'll break up with you again if he has the chance.

• you shouldn't give him the second chancebecause he will repeat the cyclethat will hurt you again

• yes. but let him know he's lucky and that most guys don't get one chance, he earned another but he is taking the p*ss even asking.

What Girls Said 3

• If you ar relly attatched to this guy I think you should give him one more chance. We aren't perfect as human beings and we aren't always at our best of moods and sometimes make insance decisions. I broke up with my boyfriend 3 times during times that I felt mad or have a breakdown over something that has or has nothing to do with him. We are still young and our hormones are playing with us, its just natural. So, if you think its worth it, give him another chance and find te best in him. If he does this again, don't take it personaly we all have our ups and downs and that's how we learn in life, and at least you will go in life without thinking what if I gave him another chance. Because what really hurts the most is regreting you haven't done something or haven't given someone and before that giving yourself a chance. Go through it you have nothing to loose, you are still young and have fun with your life and what youve got. Gl,Love, Maggie.

• While it all sounds good that he loves you and missed you and he probably does. But you see he has a pattern of doing this and in my opinion you would just be setting yourself up for hurt again. Listen to what he is saying...YOU DESERVE BETTER...believe him.

• oh wow girl...umm..look..if you really love him give him another chance,but don't jaust go back with him..make him work for it hard,dont text him as much,dont pick up evrythime he calls u,protend you are kinda busy,keep the convo short and ask him this " What are you going to do to make me believe your not going to leave me again?" and tell him to prove you how much he loves you and that he needs to win back your trust..make him work for it., TRUST ME.! I KNOW THIS WORKS..WIT EVERY GUY..! DO IT..THAN HE WOULDNT LEAVE U..! I wish my came to ask me 4 another chance,cuz I really love him.. ;[[