What does it mean if a guy says he'll call you back, then doesn't?

a guy called me 3 times saturday night just to tell me that my guy friend told him I liked him. He said he'd call me sunday.

on sunday he never called, so I called him around 6ish, and asked him if he needed to talk to me. He quickly said "uh NO I just wanted to tell you I saw Kyle* last night" (name changed). I asked him if Kyle told him anything and he said. "...oh, yeah he said you liked me". after telling him it was true, he said "look I'll call you back in an hour I'm going to dinner"

now it's monday and I'm really confused/hurt that he hasn't called. he totally acts like he likes me, and even his best friend Kyle agrees with me. what does this mean?

Most Helpful Guy

• Either he doesn't have the sack to do anything about his feelings or he has something else in his life keeping him from dating right now. Either way just be patient, everything will work out one way or another.