My ex-girlfriend left me 6 months ago, still trying to move on but she keeps contacting me...?

My ex-girlfriend of two and a half years left me approximately 6 months She said that she did not love me anymore. I didn’t blame her, people fa been on the no contact rule for 6 months now, and while I promise you t contacts me at least once a week on instant messenger to talk about what sees me as her dad, and while I have gone to see her and have really no conversed with my ex in person aside from “I’m here to see the baby, I’m to drop her off” since we split up, I still miss her. I have to admit that I st very much in love with her.

I really have been trying to move on. I’m seeing this great girl who loves me and treats me great, but I cannot stop pushing her away. It’s as if I do no want to move on. I feel lost. I keep thinking that my ex will come back to me and another six months, a year, two years… in my heart I am hoping suppose… However, my brain keeps telling me it’s over; to move on. And I am trying, but I just can’t do it; at least not while she is contacting me so often. even thought to stop seeing the baby, who I adore and who adores me knowing that it would be just another heartbreak for me. I don’t know what t do. It is extremely unfair to the wonderful girl I am currently seeing, but I jus can’t seem to move on. I am so confused and in need of help. I’m in love with someone who left me because she said she was not in love with me. I am seeing someone who is in love with me, but who I can’t fall in love with because my heart belongs to someone else and there seems to be nothing that I can do about it… help…

Most Helpful Girl

• yes some guys always think of their ex girlfriends and not focus on the girl they're with. it happened to me also. it was a very painful experience for me since I had gotten out of a relationship with a horrible guy for a first boyfriend. I am totally traumatized well anyway. my advice to you is honestly end it with the girl you're with. it's not fair to her to be with someone who isn't into her. and I feel that you just want some comfort form this relationship or something to keep your mind busy. that's not how it's gonna happen. I'm sorry. you have to think if you were your current girlfriend, would you be p*ssed? I honestly would be. if I were her and devoting so much time into this and you're thinking about your ex and you're still in love with your ex, well, you get the idea? yep.

you'll hurt the current girl less if you break up with her and let her free to find someone more suited to her and obviously be polite about it and explain. but if you stay with her and don't love her, that's even harsher.