Ex broke up with me, but says he loves me even though he has a new girlfriend.

I'm 22, my ex broke up with me almost 3 months ago now, and I moved back home 2 months ago. We both made our mistakes, but he blamed me for... Show More

Most Helpful Opinion

• Hun, this guy's whole motto is "do as I say, not as I do" - meaning: it's okay for him to do things that are unacceptable and he expects you to handle it from him but he won't handle it from you. And the other thing is, he may not realize this is how he thinks, but he is thinking this way.

You got to explain that treating you like this is unacceptable, and a total disappointment (without getting mad, lol, because it's easy for these discussions to get heated really quick). But also, you got to tell him "I'm sorry if you still love me, but the way you treat me is unacceptable and doesn't show that. And I don't have the time to waste to wait for you to show it, so you have a decision. But I also have to make a decision, if I want to go through anything like this, again; and I don't know if I can. Because I'm not just going to be there if you're relationship doesn't work out, because I have my own priorities and I'm not sure if you fit into them anymore."

Explaining ourselves in these situations is always tough because our emotions get caught up in the moment, but that's what you gotta do. YOU got to figure out how you want to explain yourself, and what you want to put up with. Also, you got to decide what's going to make you happy, and it sounds like a little isn't enough, so you might have to express that you're going to start looking elsewhere for someone to share your happiness with.

Because you got to pay the bills, and this situation doesn't help with work, and it doesn't make you happy, so you got to start looking and expressing what is, and if he can't cooperate with that, then it's time to find new people and things that please you.