• Ask
  • myTake

Ex broke up with me, but says he loves me even though he has a new girlfriend.

I'm 22, my ex broke up with me almost 3 months ago now, and I moved back home 2 months ago. We both made our mistakes, but he blamed me for... Show More

Most Helpful Opinion

• Hun, this guy's whole motto is "do as I say, not as I do" - meaning: it's okay for him to do things that are unacceptable and he expects you to handle it from him but he won't handle it from you. And the other thing is, he may not realize this is how he thinks, but he is thinking this way.You got to explain that treating you like this is unacceptable, and a total disappointment (without getting mad, lol, because it's easy for these discussions to get heated really quick). But also, you got to tell him "I'm sorry if you still love me, but the way you treat me is unacceptable and doesn't show that. And I don't have the time to waste to wait for you to show it, so you have a decision. But I also have to make a decision, if I want to go through anything like this, again; and I don't know if I can. Because I'm not just going to be there if you're relationship doesn't work out, because I have my own priorities and I'm not sure if you fit into them anymore." Explaining ourselves in these situations is always tough because our emotions get caught up in the moment, but that's what you gotta do. YOU got to figure out how you want to explain yourself, and what you want to put up with. Also, you got to decide what's going to make you happy, and it sounds like a little isn't enough, so you might have to express that you're going to start looking elsewhere for someone to share your happiness with.Because you got to pay the bills, and this situation doesn't help with work, and it doesn't make you happy, so you got to start looking and expressing what is, and if he can't cooperate with that, then it's time to find new people and things that please you.

What Guys Said 2

• You realize that continuing to date the guy who cheated on you, dumped you, and called you crazy, is doing emotional damage, right? This is not a man who likes you, or respects you. This is a man who's using you, because you're convenient and willing.This man is hurting you, and he's selfish enough not to care.

What Girls Said 1

• Don't be sorry for anything. The reason that you are having trouble letting go is simply due to love. Love doesn't care if the person you're in love with is a manipulative jerk, love can be blind to the wrongs dealt to you. It's a mysterious and sometimes aggravating thing, but love is wonderful and your ex sounds like a player.I know that you're confused right now, you don't know what to do. So lets try and nail the things that you do know:1.) He's a Cheater : He kisses other women even if your in the other room and he's currently dating an ex while holding hands & kissing you. When he coaxed you into bed, wasn't he seeing someone else then too?2.) He's a hypocrite : It's okay for him to tell people online that you're lazy, blah, blah, blah but if you go to your friends for advice you're some sort of crazy person for wanting to figure things out.3.) He DOES NOT value you - He called you rubbish, he said you were lazy, he called you crazy, he goes out with other women.4.) He's manipulative - He breaks up with you but keeps you around to have sex, every time you try to sort things out his only motive is to get you back to bed, he pretends to care when all he wants is to get into your pants.5.) He doesn't care about you, he cares about the way you make him feel - I don't think you're a real person to him. You're just someone to fall back on and have sex with. I don't mean to sound harsh, but no one who loves you would deal you such hurt.6.) YOU CAN DO BETTER! - You are a worth while person with value. YOU ARE NOT RUBBISH! Although you may be perceived as such by your ex, you are another mans treasure. Be brave and you will find a man who loves you unconditionally, who cares about you and your well being and will put you before himself. You have to be strong and you have to put your foot down. Don't let him get to you with his charms. Try to get a friend to pick up your bills and stuff from the apartment and talk to your ex via phone instead of in person. When you do talk to your ex, be decisive and get straight to the point. Don't let him sucker punch you with the "I love you" crap. He DOES NOT LOVE YOU. No one who loves you would treat you this way. Stay strong. You will find the man you're destined to be with and he will love you for all that you are. Always remember, You. Are. Worth. It.