Ex broke up with me, but says he loves me even though he has a new girlfriend.

I'm 22, my ex broke up with me almost 3 months ago now, and I moved back home 2 months ago. We both made our mistakes, but he blamed me for everything. I was quite immature - I had read his MySpace messages and MSN chat logs, to find out he'd been telling other girls I was rubbish, lazy, etc. I found out he'd also been talking to his ex-girlfriend from 6 years ago. I found this hard to deal with, and when he found out I'd gone to my friends for advice, he went nuts saying that I shouldn't have been discussing "our business" with people. I thought it was natural to ask friends for advice about how to approach a situation. These so called "friends" then went behind my back and told him what I'd been doing before I had a chance to figure out how to approach it, so I've learnt my lesson there...won't be trusting anyone for a long time, and I also have nothing to do with those "friends" anymore. Ever since then, he hadn't trusted me and I didn't trust him. He had also kissed one of his... Show More

Most Helpful Guy

• Hun, this guy's whole motto is "do as I say, not as I do" - meaning: it's okay for him to do things that are unacceptable and he expects you to handle it from him but he won't handle it from you. And the other thing is, he may not realize this is how he thinks, but he is thinking this way.

You got to explain that treating you like this is unacceptable, and a total disappointment (without getting mad, lol, because it's easy for these discussions to get heated really quick). But also, you got to tell him "I'm sorry if you still love me, but the way you treat me is unacceptable and doesn't show that. And I don't have the time to waste to wait for you to show it, so you have a decision. But I also have to make a decision, if I want to go through anything like this, again; and I don't know if I can. Because I'm not just going to be there if you're relationship doesn't work out, because I have my own priorities and I'm not sure if you fit into them anymore."

Explaining ourselves in these situations is always tough because our emotions get caught up in the moment, but that's what you gotta do. YOU got to figure out how you want to explain yourself, and what you want to put up with. Also, you got to decide what's going to make you happy, and it sounds like a little isn't enough, so you might have to express that you're going to start looking elsewhere for someone to share your happiness with.

Because you got to pay the bills, and this situation doesn't help with work, and it doesn't make you happy, so you got to start looking and expressing what is, and if he can't cooperate with that, then it's time to find new people and things that please you.