Does my ex boyfriend still want to be friends or no?

Alright, so I'm trying to figure out if my ex boyfriend still actually want to be friends or if he was just saying it to be nice.

He broke up with me because he saw me as just a friend but said he really didn't want to come off as a jerk and that he still wanted to be friends. Despite this, he never contacts me or makes any effort to hang out whatsoever. I IM him maybe once a week and he talks for a decent amount but then he always ends the conversation.

When I asked him upfront this is how he responded: "yea of course I still wanna b friends lmao"

Whenever we see each other it's still awkward.. we both avoid each other's eyes. He told my friend that he saw me as a "very good friend and would never want to hurt me" but that could just be him trying to make sure no one saw him as an ass.

What do you think?

Most Helpful Guy

• From my perspective, he is being a sweet guy trying not to be an ass COMBINED with wanting to keep you around incase things change. You two broke up for a reason either way. In this situation, I would continue what you were already doing - improving yourself. If he changes his mind, then the ball is in your court to accept him back.

In the mean time, improving yourself (going to college, working, etc) will make you more desirable to other men. Everyone likes someone with depth.

Best regards,

ArtistBBoy