Girlfriend doesn't seem interested anymore.

Recently my girlfriend just doesn't seem interested in me anymore. She is far less affectionate than she used to be, and doesn't say "I love you" anymore. One of the last times I said it, she just replied with "thanks". And just today she got mad at me and told me not to say it as much anymore, because she was annoyed by it. I didn't tell her that all the time, I just try and make a point to tell her I love her once a day, to be sweet. But that's apparently way too much.

I'm scared she wants to end things, but I really don't want that to happen. What's going on? How can I fix it? I'm afraid to ask her, and give her any ideas...

Thanks for the answers. I'll take your advice and keep you posted on what the results may be.

Most Helpful Girl

• Sadly I agree with ukrainianChika. You do have to talk to her.

She doesn't want you to say it anymore, not because it isn't sweet or too much, but because she doesn't want you to have as hard of a time when.. the time comes?

That's how I felt. I also didn't say "I love you" as much anymore because, even though I did still love him, I felt like it was lying because it wasn't in the same way as before.

You do have to talk to her because perhaps it isn't that she necessarily wants to end things. I might be giving false hope here, but I did once go through a phase where I just felt the relationship was too much and wanted some space- a break but not a break-up. I know a lot of people don't consider them different, but I do. Anyways, it was a phase that lasted no more than a day, because as soon as I shared my feelings, I felt this distance I knew felt wrong, and wanted things back immediately.

Once again, you have to talk to her about it.

I am sorry to say, but it doesn't seem like things will end too well.

Best of luck!

I just saw a new one about girlfriend being not affectionate