Ex girlfriend won't come and get the rest of her belongings from my home?

I broke up with my ex girlfriend after Christmas. tried to be peaceful. She moved and changed her address and my sister has new phone number and address(I don't have her new phone number or new address). She left a washer and dryer, BBQ grill, steam vacuum cleaner. She has yet to ask for? I know she know its there. We haven't called or spoke or seen each other in 6 weeks. She also told my sister she didn't really want to break up but agreed with everything and said fine OK. Why won't she come get her stuff or should I initiate contact and ask her to get the rest of her belongings? She has money...I'm not sure if she really want it or not...At least I would like to know... Is this mean...?

She still hasn't came and got the last of her things. ...? From a woman's view can someone help explain why? We cut off all contact no talking, texting or anything. Only email and that was to come get her stuff. This NC went on for 8 weeks.
Still going on.. I have no desire to contact her. I just want to move on and get the rest of her things...
Still hasn't came to pick up things or even called...Its been over a month since she said she would arrange a time to let me know when she would pick up...WTF... Why won't she pick up her stuff...?

What's Your Opinion?

0/2000

Most Helpful Opinion

• If you don't want to play into her leaving that stuff so that YOU will initiate contact, see if your sister would be willing to email her and ask her what she wants done with it - and don't feel guilty about being indirect... she is doing the same and you don't even have her new contact info. If your sister doesn't want to get in the middle of it (understandably), do you have her email address? Where does mail that used to go to your house for her now get sent?

Find a way to ask what she wans done with it, give her xx days to respond and then sell it/give it away to those in need if she doesn't give a fitting response or pick the stuff up. If you sell it, spend the money on doing something nice for a new girl.

Even if you need some of the things (ie the grill) get rid of it and buy your own.It's usually not helpful to keep those kinds of reminders around from exes.

• I read your updates & responses to other comments. You did your due diligence with the email. You're not obliged to answer calls from blocked numbers. If she did not respond to the email or leave a message on your VM from that blocked number stating an actual date that she actually shows up for, you can move on, get rid of her stuff and be done with it.

I know you don't want feel like a jerk and throw her stuff out, but it'll drag out until you do. She knows getting her stuff is ending it.

• Well, I sent her an email, she said she has to find someone who has a truck...? She could rent one like she did before...Thats her decision..She also said she will let me know next week when she will come by pick up the rest of her belongings... She hasn't set a day or time yet but its a start. I'm ready for closure and to move on.

What Girls Said 2

• Mail it to her ass.

I mailed all my ex's sh*t to his mom's house, which is half way across the state from me and though he lives a hell of a lot closer, I didn't feel like dealing with his stupid sh*t.

Besides, don't you need that stuff? Unless you have another one of everything.

• I really don't need it... I can replace it...and I already have some of the same things.... I'm tired of looking at it....Thanks for your input...

• No it isn't mean at all. You are simply just concerned why she has not picked up her belongings. She only has her stuff there so it can give her an excuse so you can either initiate contact with her again vice versa. I suggest you call her and ask her to get her belongings so that way she won't have any more reasons to still be in contact with you.

• She said she would get her belongings this week(its Saturday...; however, someone was calling me restricted..yesterday? I know its her...I don't answer restricted calls anymore(I use to with her). I haven't tried to reach her or beg, or chase her. Why is she blocking her number? I don't want the nbr nor do I need it. I feel like this is delaying the inevitable. What are your thoughts from a woman perspective...? Men don't do this. I know I should just move on and not think or worry about this..

• I don't know if she actually does want it or if she has gotten new stuff. What I do know is that she is leaving that stuff there for a reason and the reason why she is leaving her stuff there is so their could be an open line of communication. If you really are ready to cut all ties with her ask her to get her stuff so in the future you won't have to deal with her ever again.

• So..I'm the guy who asked this question...coming from a girls point of view...you don't think she want it... or she bought something bigger and better...? Sometimes she would say out with the old and in with the new...I'm trying to be a nice guy and seriously debating if I should give her some more time. I'm ready to cut all ties and this is really burning me up.....!!

What Guys Said 0

Be the first guy to share opinion!

Earn 1 extra Xper Point for being the first!!