She left me for another guy, now wants to come back?

My girlfriend of 3 years said she felt we are growing apart and wanted to break up I went to my moms for the weekend a few hours away and when I came... Show More

Most Helpful Girl

• It was crappy of her to do that - she really screwed up big time and she knows it, but if you take her back right now, she will not value you or realize how serious that was or how serious your feelings are, and I think it increases the likelihood she will think you'd forgive it again.

I know you can't just suddenly not love her. and you are hurt and weren't ready for things to end, and certainly not with her dumping you for some guy who used her. But that's a deal-breaker!

Everyone makes mistakes and deserves a second chance, but some people will make the same mistakes again and again until they lose something so important it finally sinks in for them. I don't know which one she is. She is young, and that's why she made such a foolish decision, but she needs to grow up if she wants a real relationship.

Give yourself some time to think things through before you make a decision. Do you think it was just a 1-time foolish mistake but ultimately she loves you? Do you feel like you can trust her if you go back to her? Are you angry or just sad or both? Do you want some time to get out there and see what other women have to offer? Do you just need a break from women or relationships? What YOU feel and want is important and you didn't address that much in your question. I wonder if you've even considered it.