Why did my ex get drunk for 3 days straight after I ended our relationship?

My ex acted like he didn't care about me, was emotionally disturbed, distant and just never wanted to talk about anything that was bothering him. After putting up with it for 5 months, i dumped him. 2 weeks later we talked and he said he couldn't stop thinking about me and looked at my pictures because it made him feel happy briefly and he got heavily drunk. I don't drink and can't understand why some people do.
I am no longer with him.

32

Most Helpful Guy

• It's his way of moving on and trying to forget about it. Plausibly he just realized what he has lost

Most Helpful Girl

• Usually people don't realize what they have until it's gone. Or, he cared a lot, but sucked at showing it.

Sponsored

0/2500

Send It!

What Guys Said 1

• He might have trust issues. You only dated for five months, so Maybe he needed more time to open up to you. He's probably lonely that's why he thinks about you, and people drink to forget things that they can't forget when they're sober.

• No we dated for 10 months. I put up with his distant behavior for 5 months

• It's all good I enjoy listening and helping people I wana be a psychologist.

• Well, thank you. I appreciate it.

What Girls Said 2

• Because he turned to drinking to feel some sort of way he isn't comfortable feeling sober and wanting to deal with it sober.

• He got drunk because he was sad and he uses alcohol as a coping mechanism