Girls, Can I give my partner a second chance after being cheated on for 9months?

We have been together for 2 and a half years. I'm 28 and my partner is 25. I have spoken with the person he cheated on me with and she confirmed they hadn't slept together but had met up on numerous occasions. My partner has cut contact completely with the person and has written me letters explaining why it happened and how they feel about me. My partner has said that he wants me for life and wants a family someday... I want to believe this but feel I may not be able to get past what he's done.

• Yes give them a second chance
  • No tell them to never contact you again
  • Start off slow again and l learn to trust them
    Vote C
And you are? I'm a GirlGuys can not vote on this poll

4

Most Helpful Girl

• This is a hard one. So your partner emotionally cheated on you? Can you trust that he won't ever do it again?
    I really say, take your time with this one but don't put all of your eggs in one basket.
    Keep your options open.

If you want to proceed forward with your ex. you have to be willing to let the past be the past.
    That's difficult if you're not over it.
    Proceeding forward means letting things go and giving them the benefit of the doubt.
    If you're not at that stage yet, then you have to let them build it slowly to where you can get to the point of feeling comfort and ease with them again.

You have to decide if their worth it or not.

Sponsored

0/2500

Send It!

What Girls Said 3

• the way i see it, it's your choice. but i hope that you have enough self-respect to take it slowly~ make him work to regain your trust.

if he can prove that he's changed/is truly sorry and you're willing to forgive him, then go for it. you're a much kinder person than i am.

• Um.

Whether or not you give your partner a second chance, do whatever you can to make peace with your decision. Know that if you end your relationship, this doesn’t mean you’ve lost your only chance at love.

There are different theories on soulmates. One says that we all have more than one soulmate. This means, when you are ready and open, you could later attract a different soulmate relationship which could be amazing in its own way.

If you do decide to give your soulmate a second chance, just be smart and stay aware.

:\

• Can you? Yes.
    Should you? Probably not. They didn't just cheat on you once, but multiple times. I highly doubt they wouldn't do it again.