When can I start dating after a break up?

Don't call me terrible because we broke up and I'm already kinda wanting to date, but I just miss it. My girlfriend and I were together for 9 months, but we were in an LDR so we only actually met twice. Also we did not argue or anything, we only broke up because we both agreed that the distance was too much and it would be easier to just remain friends. And I don't know when it's considered okay to start seeing another girl, but please help. She told me she likes this one other guy after we broke up so I think she wants to get together with him. Please don't criticize me.

92

Most Helpful Girl

• Whenever you're ready. It sounds like she likes other guys and she'll move on quickly too. and its not like you guys had a bad break up or anything. I say go for it of you want to start now

Most Helpful Guy

• whenever you want, 10 minutes afterwards if you feel you're ready. You're meant to respect the girl (now ex) not the relationship itself, so as long as this isn't to make your ex jealous or piss her off or anything do what you want

Sponsored

0/2500

Send It!

What Girls Said 8

• If you're ready to start dating again immediately, go ahead. In my opinion, LDRs aren't real relationships anyway (and I say that with as much love and understanding as possible - I myself was in an LDR for a year and a half) so if you're not too broken up about it, go for it.

• I mean... it was only 9 months and you're basically still a baby child (no hate lol) so you can just go ahead and date who you want.

• why would I criticize you? don t worry pal there is no rule to this.
    if you feel you re ready to date and over your ex then by all means go for it

• A second after realistically. It's not really the best to break up with someone like, that quick. But you should be happy, so be it a second, hour, day, week, whatever, the moment you feel you're ready for another person you should do it.

• In my honest opinion , since it was long distance and she said she liked another guy , you couldve gotten a girlfriend the next day from her telling you that and breaking up

• When you have COMPLETELY moved on from your past relationship

• I think it is a good time for you to start dating again because if she is then it's fine for you too but even if she wasn't seeing another guy it would still be alright for you to date another person

• If you feel like you are ready now, then go for it. There is no set rules really for this, it's more on how you feel. Some people need more time than others to move on. Since you broke up amicably, it's not a bad thing to try dating now.

What Guys Said 1