What to do if your dad is cheating on your mom but she doesn't want to leave him?

Dad refuses to stop his affair and mom begs him to stay and stop cheating. What will you do in this situation?

99

Most Helpful Guy

• Mind your own business. Don't ever come between a couple. Even your mum and dad. You don't know the full story. If you draw attention to it you shine light on it and I'm betting that's the last thing your mum wants if I know women at all. She knows what's she's doing. Sometimes people's agendas aren't obvious but they're there. Leave her to it.

Most Helpful Girl

• Stay Clear here, dear, let mom and dad handle this with kid gloves. Although they probably have put on the 'Gloves' Goes and Flows, this Locking horns and Scorns with 'Dad refuses to stop his affair,' will Continue until either mom either gets Fed up and throws in the towel or Just Decides to say "Loser" and gives Bad Dad his walking papers.
    Be Supportive of Both of them and do not take sides. Give a little Advice on Both 'Sides' and hopefully Dad... Will see how dead wrong he has Been and come around Again.
    Good luck. xx

• Thank you for the :Like" sweetie. xx

• Thank you, sweetie, for the Vote of Confidence and blessings on ALL sides. xxoo

What Guys Said 8

• If I had a child who wasn't an independent adult yet, and my wife cheated on me, I would be heartbroken but I would not seek divorce.

I experienced that in my childhood, the splitting of homes, with parents being overseas, and taking turns to see them.

As crushing as it would be, I would try to befriend her love interest somehow, and try to not be jealous.

It's all for the sake of the child, to keep the home together. Maybe my wife would agree to let me seek someone else too, if she's no longer sexually interested in me, but we have a mutual job until the child no longer lives in our home.

• Tell your father you think he is being scum for betraying his family. if you have the chance to see one of his mistresses, spit in her face for knowingly sleeping with a married man and having no reservations about it. Tell your mom that if she chooses to stay with a man who constantly betrays her, that is her choice, but you refuse to listen to her complain about suffering she experiences that is of her own making by not leaving.

maybe that would not always be my answer to this question, but i'm in a bad mood, and betrayal of loyalty to family is a big deal for me, and i'm in a bad enough mood right now that i am feeling cold and heartless, and have no pity for people who complain about their situation, while doing nothing in their power to change it.

• I think you know already that life is not as simple as we like to make it out to be. We don't and can't know the whole story. the guy is wrong but more in HOW he's doing this than in WHAT he's doing.

• I wouldn't do anything. At most you can emotionally support your mother no matter what decision she makes about staying or leaving.

• I would keep out of it. Only your mother and father know the value they hold the other in. Your father should not be doing this, but again only they know what brought it to this point. You cannot know the whole story. Don't judge lest you be judged.

• Let it go I guess

• Stay out of it. It isn't your business.

• Allow them to handle it themselves.

• try to convince your dad that it is wrong or plan a prank where your mom engages with other person and try to make your dad feel guilty.

What Girls Said 8

• You are the middle party, there's really nothing you can do. It is their relationship.
    I know your Mom knows the reality of the situation it's up to her to grow some dignity and file for a divorce.
    I mean he is pretty much saying he won't stop.
    If that doesn't tell her she should leave I don't know what else will.

• This happened to my mom. It's sad but you can't do anything but hope she gets the strength to leave him. Just remind her everyday she's beautiful and deserves better than him.

• I speak from experience when I say you DO NOT want any part of being in the middle of that.

• Stay out of it. Your dad is having and affair because your mum is either not giving something he wants, or he has lost interest. Your mum doesn't want to be alone, so she traps him in, making him want to have an affair much more.

• Its up to your parents to make that decision. All you have to do is respect and show your support for your mom.

• Support your mom. Extract yourself from dad's life.

• Tell mom to either leave him (best way)
    or to fight fire with fire and start looking for another man herself and see if he's cool with that (bad, but ya)

• I don't know but if you try to do anything you might make it only worse