Why wasn't I good enough?

I'm 21 & trying to get over my first heartbreak. We were together Just short of a year He meant a lot to me and we never fought. I did a lot for him. I'd buy him gifts, take him out for supper, and usually be the one paying. He never bought me anything. He would also ask for back rubs and when I wanted one I never got it. I'd ask if we could go on simple dates. But he's always say not today another day I promise. 2 weeks before he dumped me he told me he didn't want me leaning on him in public or us holding hands. Or we might have to break up. That really hurt because I felt like he was embarrassed by me. We never fought and everything was going perfect I thought. He was never that affectionate with me in public so I didn't make a big deal out of it and I wanted to respect his decision. Well it was our anniversary coming up so I bought him concert tickets for us to go to on our anniversary as a cute date. Well when I gave them to him. He dumped me. I was broken. Especially because the day before he told me he didn't want anyone else but me ever. Well it's been 3 months and he found a new girl. No guy has really looked at me. I have no luck. The thing that hurt me is we still are friends and sit together at hockey games. Well he ended up putting HIS arm around her and holding her hand. He never did that to me. I felt so jealous like I really wasn't good enough. I put my whole heart into that relationship. And what really hurts is he's snap chatting when he goes on dates with her. And I see them around a bunch because we live in a smaller city and all are friends are kinda connected in some way or another. His roommates and best friends don't like this girl and half my class thinks she's annoying. We all go to college. But why is he taking her on dates and holding her hand, and would never do that for me? I tried so hard :'( and it's killing me. I'd do anything for him. Why does she get all this stuff :( will a guy every actually like me or am I just a screw up

I didn't think asking to hold his hand was a big deal. But maybe it was. Maybe I asked for too much. I don't know but I only ever asked for simple dates like a movie night even just at his place, or me cooking him supper, or us going skating, or just watching the stars. I wasn't asking him to go out and spend a bunch on me. Just anything with us together. Did I ask for too much

22

Most Helpful Guy

• Personally I do not think you asked for too much. You did things you for him and he never did anything in return. I think all of your problems had to do with him because he took everything you gave without ever returning the smallest of favors. I know it sucks because this is your first one, but based on what you have said it is probably better you are not in a relationship with him

Most Helpful Girl

• Move on sister!

Sponsored

0/2500

Send It!

What Guys Said 1

• You sound awesome, he doesn't deserve you

What Girls Said 1

• He just wasn't 100% into you it seems. Seems like a jerk, and you were his sugar momma.