Why does the guy ALWAYS loose in divorce?

How come in a divorce men are pretty much guranteed to loose half their money (Even if they earn all of it), loose their home, loose custody of their children, even their damn pets in a divorce?

why do women, even without earning any of it, receive pretty much half, if not more financial assets then the male? And this is forgetting about Alimony, where the male even after loosing all that has to loose MORE from every pay check for the rest of his life?

werent women supposed to be oppressed and under patriarchy or some shit? Wtf is feminism on about?

39

Most Helpful Girl

• The laws were set up at a time when women didn't have jobs and were expected to forgo employment. Her husband could leave her after 20 years and she'd have virtually no employable skills or opportunities. But tides are turning quite a bit.

time.com/.../

It's all over the place right now, because there are older women who were expected to stay home getting divorced along with younger women with high flying careers. It will probably change in coming years to reflect both gender role changes (more and more stay at home dads or parents who split childcare time) and also the fact that so many people freelance or work remotely now thanks to , technology, so people may not give up employable skill sets even when staying home with kids.

Most Helpful Guy

• Because vagina.
    They have no problem crying about injustice unless it's directed at people who arn't white middle-upperclass, then it's just fine because it bennifits themselves. Women don't want equality as a whole, they want advantage, which is made clear by the fact that women don't reject extreme feminism, and separate themselves from it, but tend to ignore it and thus compromise the message and intention of feminism. Now feminism is seen as a complete joke by most men, and some women, and therefore cannot longer be taken seriously. So instead of publicly distancing themselves from the crazier factions of feminism they just allowed the louder voices to dictate what the perception of feminism will be. Now it is basically useless.

Because women allowed marriage to become such a one-sided institution, surprise, surprise, most men now are not looking to get married. In the end women have screwed themselves.

Sponsored

What Girls Said 2

• It's not gender specific, it's whoever makes more that usually has to be pay the person that has a smaller or no income, especially if kids are involved
    And I get you're upset but not having earned it not exactly true in most situations where she stayed home with the kids for years or even decades

Men also don't lose custody, it's by deafult shared. There has to be a good reason for either parent to lose custody

• Both sides are losing. But I have heard of this, especially if they don't have a pre nup. I'm getting one, if I get married. I don't want to bicker over the little things; if I am divorcing him that means he cheated on me or abused me. The other things, we'll work out. But essentially, you divide the remaining assets between the two people.

What Guys Said 8

• "ALWAYS"?

thats false.

• Do you understand what marriage is? It's not two people just deciding to co-habitate. It's two people becoming ONE entity. When you divorce, unless you have pre-nuptial agreement, you divide the ONE into TWO... 1 divided by 2 is a half.

Unless there are extenuating circumstances, they both will get half of the united assets.

• That's bs and you know it, the female will almost always get more, specifically money wise and children / pet wise.

• Yeah, sorry if I'm skeptical of your opinion. I've been married longer than you've been alive.

• If it bothers you that much get a prenuptial agreement! My parents got divorced and my dad got the house, child support checks from my mom, he got everything because he was the main parent my sister and I were living with. Divorce tends to benefit the kids.

• That's why you get a prenup.

• Court bias against men is 6 times bigger than racial bias...

Women are feminazis and they indoctrinate boys (along with feminazi society) to become feminazis.

Why do you think men are becoming MGTOWs in large numbers so fast? We are waking up to the nature of women... which was always known by men... but hidden by feminism

• because the West persecutes men

• Because divorce laws are set up to punish the one with more money. And it's no surprise that women seek out guys who have more money than them. That's just women behavior.

• I know women who lost out to their ex-husbands, so it's not as unequal as people think.