Should I send my ex and her son something for Valentines day?

My ex and I broke up 4 months ago. I really wasn't being a very good boyfriend at the time and she wanted to see if the grass is greener on the other side. Truth is I still love her very much. I have no idea if we will get back together, or if this will even make things better. We communicate, but, very very little. The gift would be just something silly like cupcakes for her and her sons. Its not meant to be anything but maybe an olive branch to open communication again.

Most Helpful Girl

• I honestly wouldn't send it on Valentines day. Send it after Valentines day. Even if you're still thinking of her, i'd try and limit any contact on that day. However, i do think it would be a sweet gesture.

If you're wanting to push for more contact with her you need to get her to be interested again. Have you been talking about general everyday things, or things you know that she's genuinely interested in? Something she's passionate about? I'm not sure how long you were together but you must have an idea of how to make her laugh? Then tell her interesting things about what's happening in your life. Something that she would definitely respond to. Try slowly, and be patient. If she's in contact at all with you, it's a good sign.

Most Helpful Guy

• Sure, but keep your expectations low.

• agreed, since we broke up I have set my expectations very low for her

Sponsored

0/2500

Send It!

What Girls Said 2

• You don't have to but it seems nice!

• I say go for it :) Sounds like a thoughtful thing to do and I'm sure she'll appreciate the gesture.

What Guys Said 4

• No. That's really stupid.

If you really have broken up, there's nothing to gain from giving them a gift. You are going to send mixed messages and confusion by sending a gift on frickin VALENTINES DAY.

If you're going to extend an olive branch, then do it on the kid's birthday. Not on a day meant to signify undying love.

• if she's single..

yes.

• I see nothing wrong with trying to open the communication barrier a little more if y'all are still occasionally talking and my girlfriend of three years just called off our relationship stating she didn't want a relationship, with me or anyone else, right now saying she needs to find herself. While I feel she is my one and only and only woman I've ever felt this strongly for I, after some reluctance and hesitation, have just told her recently that I love her and respect her enough to allow her this as long as it doesn't entail her looking for someone else as that to me means she truly doesn't love me even tho she says she still does and only needs to find herself. We still communicate several times daily but only see each other once a week. I may just be grasping myself but I got her a promise ring that I will be giving her on Valentine's Day and while giving it to her stating that it's a promise that I am here for you and still love you and respect you.

• no, save the cash for someone else.