Why can't I get over him?

I was with a guy for about 8 months and we were never exclusive or in an official relationship (his option) but I had really strong feelings for him.

I haven't seen or spoken to him for 5 months now and I should be over him but I'm not... I can't move on and I want to. I want to get back out there but I can't help but always think about him.

I hate him for how he treated me and how he lied, pretended and played with my feelings and I want to forget him but its impossible!!

What do I do?

35

Most Helpful Girl

• In this situation, the best way to get over someone is to get under someone new.

You can't get over him because you're obsessed with the fantasy of what could have been. You need to start living in the real world, preferably with someone new.

What Guys Said 5

• Hey

It's an ugly truth that women get attached and love men who ignores them or scam them or treat them bad.
    it comes from the basic instinct in women, they get attracted to strong independent men cause they feel more safe with and comfortable.
    anyway in short way I recommend you try dating different type of guys maybe give chance to some of them which you never imagine to be with, no need to go deep or serious just drink coffee or a dinner or even a movie in best conditions but don't move farther no matter what ! ... on the other hand start new hobby or routine like sport or writing or even some activities with friends.
    the idea from this is raising your self esteem to a higher level, since there will be nothing serious in dating thing guys will treat you good and overwhelm you with nice complements which will help a lot ! and other part will fill your time so you get busy.

• Yeah, I've been there before! Just kinda sucks. Try to occupy your time with other things.
    But it's tough when you are craving an intimate conversation and connection with another person.

• It's not impossible. The more you let yourself dwell on what happened, the more it'll for you to move on. I know I have said this in the past to you, but you gotta try something new or distract yourself with whatever means necessary to forget about him. Go out with your friends and simply have fun and let them help you get through with this tough times. Good luck

• its not impossible. i have a motto "cold ginger beer and new pussy". thats how you get over them. well... instead of "pussy" you put dick... .

• Can I do coffee instead of ginger beer? Or tea?

• well there is alcohol free ginger beer and its delicious.. but yeah, i guess no prob... .

• stop thinking in him, fill your free time with other useful activities.

What Girls Said 2

• The way to get over him is to keep telling yourself just how lucky you are... that you are not still with a guy you almost settled for... a liar, and someone who intentionally played with your feeling.

You obviously trusted him much more than he deserved. He created an illusion with his lies and deceit , so it's probably just the illusion you are clinging to. Once you realise your own worth, and realise you deserve better... letting go will be easier. When you do finally let go, moving on will be easy, because holding on is more painful than actually letting go.

Just look on him as a "rock "amongst "diamonds"... because there's lots of nice guys out there who will treat you with the respect you deserve.

• Getting over a love does not have an exact moment for when you will be done grieving. It's perfectly normal. If you think you could start again on a better route; try it, talk to him. If not; don't date, just take your time, and get over him in your own phase.❤️😊