Is it possible?

So I am going through a really tough time.. A few hours ago I found out my boyfriend of 2 years has been cheating on me. Obviously, I am a mess. I sit here trying to calm myself down. I have heard on tv so many times the phrase"my heart hurts." I never took it seriously until this happened the moment I found out my heart literally just hurt and it still does. Is it really possible for your heart to heart after something like this?

54

Most Helpful Guy

• I tend to fill my heart with properly redirected rage if possible. I fucking hate lying assholes like that. Had a girl do something similar to me. It hurts and it's just confusing. I'm such a nerd that watching Star Wars and contemplating the nature of the Sith makes me feel better. Or a punching bag.

Sponsored

What Guys Said 3

• Yess

• Yep. First time, huh?

• yeah it hurts and trust me it real bad thing

What Girls Said 5

• Definitely! Something like cheating can really affect a person's mental well-being.

My last boyfriend cheated one me the entire relationship, but I had no idea. When I did find out it was as if I got ran over by a train. Life was so confusing, I had so many people telling me what to do, and what they thought I should say to him and how I should feel. I just shut them all out and basically went into hiding for a few weeks.

I didn't want to talk to anyone. My heart definitely hurt! I was really trying to wrap my brain around why he would do that to me.

I basically just did a bunch of things I enjoyed and tried to keep myself busy so I wouldn't dwell on it. People can be really crappy at times, and it's not fair that he did this to you.

Cheating is a very selfish thing. But it has no reflection on you at all. It's all about him.

• Yes it is possible. Hearts are stronger than you imagine... they do heal and they do love again. Just make sure next time that you reserve a place in your heart for a guy who has your best interests at heart... not just his own.

In life, pain is inevitable but suffering is optional. What you focus on is what your emotions and body will react to. So try to keep active and your mind focused on things other than him. Spend time with friends exercise or do something new. Over time , you will think about him about less & less , and gradually the pain will ease and his memory will fade.

• Yeah unless your not human.

• I don't think your heart can literally "hurt" but your chest can due to the tightening of your chest muscles when you're in emotional turmoil. Also, sorry about your ex boyfriend. i'm sure that is very difficult but just know that he doesn't deserve you and you don't need someone who hurts you like that.

• Yes it is very possible. I am so sorry about your boyfriend.