How long has it taken you to get over an ex?

It's been a little less than 2 months since my break up and I would say I have moved on. Do random things he liked remind me of him? Yes, at times (okay, so moved on by like 90%). I was just curious to know how long it has taken other people to completely get over an ex.

95

Most Helpful Guy

• I think it is a personal thing depending how intense last relationship was - Everyone will have a different scale

Most Helpful Girl

• For me, I usually am never completely over ex, until I find someone new.
    But once that happens ( and it usually happens in matter of months) I'm comepletely over them.

• I can relate to that. I feel you can't completely get over an ex until you find someone new. I'll just have to wait for someone else inorder for that 90% to become 100% then.

Sponsored

What Guys Said 4

• it takes men years too seriously get over someone, and when I say this I mean we don 't care about the girl anymore, but we have thoughts about her which aren't good

• Never, if you loved them, NEVER!!!

• Zero Months, zero days, zero hours, zero minuets, and zero seconds, Oh wait I don't have an EX.

• depends on you. better find someone

What Girls Said 8

• One break up left me very bitter and angry... it took me maybe half a year to get over him, but it took even longer to let go of the grudges and bitterness. The rest haven't taken nearly as long though.

• it depends!

• I dated my ex for a year and a few months. The majority of me was over him after about three or so weeks. I relapsed after about three months and was really sad over the breakup. But by month four I had gone off to college and was completely over him.

• The relapse period is the worst! I can relate to your experience.

• It really is! Because when I got over him the first few weeks after the breakup I was thinking of potentially getting back together but at the relapse period I had moved on from that idea and did not even want to be involved with him at all I was just really sad and lonely.

• Hmm We broke up last year and I believe i'm over it however I"m still pissed about certain things he has done to me, I know I wouldn't want to get back together with him but for other reasons I still have to stay in contact with him and he just bugs me. At first I didn't think he deserved to be happy because of all the shit he put me through however now I don't care.

• I can relate to feeling of being pissed off about certain things. But after you just get over it those things don't matter anymore.

• a few years

• It is said that it takes double the time you dated
    Apparently
    So if you sated for I don't know 4 months
    It will take 8 months to move on
    That is if you had very deep feelings

• That's an interesting theory! I shall see if it actually proves to be true in my case.

• I've heard the opposite, half the time of the relationship. But these theories are never definite

• @Ash_12 it honestly depends the level of feelings the couples had
      But the theory I said is if you were in love
      Like properly in love with them
      It takes double the time you dated

• I was with my ex boyfriend for 6 years it took me a year and a half to get over him

• Depends on how deeply you were in love with the ex I suppose. I lost the love of my life since 6yrs and I'm still grieving over the pain. I don't want to but I can't help the way I feel. The more time it goes its like the more you miss them. But don't worry it may be different for you. Like I said it depends on the amount of love you've given. Also some peoples are stronger than others. Perhaps I'm not that strong in this aspect but doesn't mean others ain't.

• I think you are strong, it's just that you really loved the guy. I was starting to develop strong feelings for him but that's when he ended the relationship so I guess that makes it technically easier for me to move on.