My ex wants me back should I give her a chance?

My ex left me because I wouldn't let her go though my phone. Every time we would hang out she would ask to see my phone then get mad because I was texting my best friend witch is a girl. Then she would block girls who liked my post on ig:/ any social media. Then I found out and unblocked and refollow them. She then said it was over. Then I drove to see her but my time was limited. When I got there we talked it out and then she asked to see my phone I said no then she jumped to thinking I was hiding something and said that swing my phone would be the only thing that would officially put us back together and I refused because I think that's extreme. I'm not hiding anything but it makes me feel like dirt when she has to check it and accuses me of doing stuff that im not. Then I had to leave she got upset with that too and said I was a lier. Then she told me she went out to get drunk that night and she made out with someone. So I told her it was completely over. The next day she said that the kiss ment nothing and it was a mistake and she wants me to take her back and sheep do anything if I give her another chance. And I honestly don't want too. But I'm only a guy so I want to get other view points on this. We only been dating 4 months. I'm 24 she's 21. So any advice? "I feel like once you kiss or do anything with someone else after a break up then it's clear that you don't want that person anymore and that you are moving on. "

43

Most Helpful Girl

• This doesn't sound like loving relationship, and is just 4 months? If you get back together (which in my view you shouldn't ) you need to work more towards respecting eachother

• Thank you. What do you feel should change?

• Well from what you write it seems like an immature relationship and as is only 4 months it should be great and amazing and not all that mess. She seems insecure and i think this is where this behaviour comes from etc. All that has to do with her and how she perceives the situation. Don't get me wrong , i wouldn't be delighted either if my boyfriend had a girl best friend, or if he was getting a lot attention form other girls but this is the part where you both need too work on. She has to understand that by trying to control everything she will end up losing everything. From the other side, you should work on reassuring her more that you care only for her and make her feel loved. As for the kiss hmm i don't know, just because she kissed someone else it doesn't necessarily mean she don't want to be with you anymore. She maybe did it to get back at you, i don't know

• I hope it works out for you but I wouldn't go back to this sort of relationship if thinks doesn't change. None of you seem happy

Most Helpful Guy

• 4 months of being with a woman acting like that about the phone incident and the back to back arguments of the same old shit on top of making out with another man because she was drunk? Lol bruh you know the answer to that. You don't need any validation or blessing from anyone if you yourself already stated what you quoted. You follow what you feel.

• Thanks! =)

By the way, what was your decision in the matter?

What Girls Said 3

• No. Why should you? She clearly has trust issues. If you take her back, she'll just go back to asking for your phone, randomly blocking people etc. Also the kiss thing sounds fake. It sounds like she was feeling hurt and jealous, and she wanted to drag you down with her, so she made up a story about making out with someone else to get you to lash out and want to be with her even more (act possessive). But obviously that backlashed and now she regrets it.
    You said you don't want to. Go with your gut. Move on from this gal. She's not mature enough to be in a serious relationship. She needs to be able to trust people. When someone has trust issues like that, they don't "heal" overnight. It's a long process that might take years. So move on.

• At 4 months you should still kinda be in your honeymoon phase with barely any arguments at all behind you. But you already have a ton of arguments in your baggage and it seems like even you yourself know just how fed up you are of the situation. Dragging it out is pointless.

• Why would you want to be with her? She has trust issues. Just because you have been apart for a bit doesn't mean she is going to get rid of her trust issues.

She needs to work on her trust issues before you two can be together. But to be honest, it sounds like she is going to do the same things again.

• It's hard because you once loved her and you seem like an honest guy. My ex did that to me as well I hated it!!! I was not hiding anything and it would annoy me and I wouldn't want him to see my stuff. He wouldn't respect that. I think you should move on and find someone either more mature same age or older than you. She has trust issues! She needs to work on that because she will keep doing that and continue to be single. The whole texting your best friend (girl) I think that she could have met her that way it would have eased her worries I say next time you have a girl as a friend and an actual girlfriend you can introduce them that way your girl can trust you more but if after she says she does not like her and wants you to not contact her then if you really love her you must respect that and vise versa if she had a guy friend and you did not like him after she introduced you to him then she would stop the talking/texting with him. The whole drunk thing. I've been drunk and know that if I had a boyfriend and loved him I would not kiss anyone so that was disrespectful. Plus that means when you guys fight/argue she's gonna go kiss and then what sleep around? Nah you deserve better. I think you know what you should do plus there are plenty of girls wanting a nice respectful gentleman. Yes you can give her a second chance but you must communicate your likes and dislikes to one another and respect each other if not it won't work but I say forget her

What Guys Said 2

• true that she might have some trust issues but c'mon friend why won't you let her go through your phone if you have nothing to hide cuz when you date a girl or in a relation with one she wants all for her plus clearness is on the top of the pyramid , come clean body then judge her

• Thank you: I explained that though would u let ur parents go looking though ur phone every day and ecuse u of doing things your not. When they have no right in the first place they don't pay your bill or support you in any way... No I'm sure ur parents respect u enough to trust you and the choices you make wether good are bad.

• Barely