What is your personal typical reason for breaking up with someone? The big end it deal-breaker?

I don't care if it sounds petty lol.

1612

Most Helpful Guy

• I haven't been in a relationship yet, but if I were in one, the biggest deal-breaker would be if she doesn't believe in God. Might sound petty, but I want someone who believes in the same things I do. Other things would be if we don't get along and if there isn't much chemistry between us.

• That IS important. I can't picture a person with faith partnering successfully with one without faith. It wouldn't be balanced.

• Thank you for Most Helpful Guy! And yeah, i's gotta be the most important thing to me.

Most Helpful Girl

• I think my 1 reason would be lack for respect or lack of attention.

Sponsored

What Guys Said 11

• Just not much chemistry in the past. In retrospect, my first girlfriend and I didn't have that much chemistry either though we stayed in a relationship for a long time and even kept up a long-distance one for quite a while.

I didn't realize exactly what makes chemistry in a relationship until I got in one where it was there. Then I had my heart broken because this surprise feeling of being so connected to someone made me insecure, I wasn't ready to handle such strong emotions for someone, and was too immature at that point.

Then later, again, all kinds of girlfriends where that chemistry wasn't quite there, fizzling out, a lot of them also turning into long distance since my work previously had me going all over the world.

And finally I found another girl with whom I had that chemistry after a long and exhaustive search, and married her.

There's no huge deal breakers to me that can be narrowed more specifically than that. Either the chemistry is there or it isn't.

• Last but not least, this "chemistry" is extremely rare to me where I can't imagine my life without a girl. It has only happened twice in my life, and I was dating and networking and socializing extremely aggressively.

• I wish I could boil it down to a more scientific answer of what makes this "chemistry", but can't -- it's magical and elusive in nature. The first one I felt this about had so much in common with me, she was a tomboy and even liked things like video games and physical activities like playing sports, kind of wild in nature like a flame.

The second wasn't at all like that, she was a book publisher and wasn't quite as physical and didn't really like things like video games, though playful, but a lot more gentle in nature, peaceful like the sea.

Perhaps with both I had a very strong ability to communicate my innermost thoughts, and them to me, along with a sexual attraction that was incredibly strong. With other women, that kind of strong mental and emotional bond might have been lacking, or the sexual attraction lacking. Something just wasn't there to make it as magical as these two cases.

• That's pretty deep♡

• Not getting the physical touch that we had at the beginning. Yes I mean sex as part of it but more about the hugs, cuddles, light touches as she walks by. But also if I feel like she doesn't have my back.

• Usually because I just don't see it going anywere with her, like I can't see a future with her and for a guy like me who's main goal is the future, marriage and all that it's a pretty big deal to me.

• Just the simple I am not feeling it anymore.

• She moved to Italy to finish her PhD, we both know that will take years of commitment and LDR is not an option.

• can't say for "typical reason" since it's tough to speak in hypotheticals. I don't switch relationships every now and then to collect relevant statistics on it.

• Obtaining a PhD one hardly has time to maintain a relationship.

• Cheating, because I wouldn't respect or trust them ever again, id always be wondering who theyre texting, where they are, who are they with etc.

• Sexxxxxxxxx

• If they text me I will break up with them women need to learn that women back then didn't have texting phones and they did just fine with their SO. I don't wanna hear any of their BS crap about how a guy is shady if he doesn't have a phone.

• I can't speak on the phone if that makes a difference. Did they want to blow you up with texts all day and check up on you or something?

• I'm in the same boat with you about that phone/text all the time nonsense. I need my space. I'm a free spirit.

• Same here :) free spirits rule

• "What is your personal typical reason for breaking up with someone? "

I have never been the one breaking up with someone.

• Lack of sex.

• If she farts. Especially if it stinks.

• On purpose, in your face, or just in general?

• Girls don't fart

• Especially not me. I'm the one who established that.

What Girls Said 15

• Their eating habits I can't be around someone that likes stuff that I can not eat. I like clean eating if they live buffets and late night eating and pizza and milkshakes and cdndt soda and chips and if they are not motivated and active I can't do it. I like guys that are good with money but can't stand cheap or moochers. I like generous. Not that I need them to spoil me but you can make a salad for me for a couple bucks and I will be so happy!!! I seriously have a guy friend that never lets me pick where we eat when he pays but I let him pick when I paid. I didn't need expensive like I say a MC donslds salad or Olive Garden bottomless salad to share and he can get his huge feast. But seeing someone stuff their mouth endlessly with food is a major pet peeve. I like a small amount good quality he likes quantity for cheap. Endless salad is quantity for cheap but he wants unhealthy food in quantity. Or guys that don't reciprocate I feel like they use me for my generosity nobody guy or girl should feel used. Lack of confidence. Lack of style! Lack of ambition, lack of humor and passion!!! All deal breakers mostly lack of loyalty my biggest one

• Sounds like you don't like low class people period, and who can blame you? Someone who eats crap all the time is going to turn into crap.

• Any kind of betrayal. If he is a flirt. If i started to feel emotionally unsafe with him then i would end it. Emotional security is paramount to me. If i was the one putting all of the effort in to make it work, or if he didn't have any regard for my feelings. I need to feel loved and safe, so i couldn't stay with him if i didn't feel emotionally safe and loved by him

• I'm usually the one getting dumped. But when I was dumping, it was always just one reason: lack of excitement. They were boring.

• If they didn't or stopped caring about me or respecting me. Thats what has ended it each time. And it could be little things over time that show it or something like someone cheating on you that shows that they have a lack of respect for you.

• I picture us married and get sad.

• If he just not intersted in me. ):

• If a guy is mean to other people. Not even mean exactly... if I find out that he is just not a nice guy to other people then it really turns me off.

• Lying and disrespect/inconsideration of my feelings.

• The way the treat people. If they're unfair then I don't respect them. If he holds certain views as well.

• Cheaters? Isn't that an obvious one? And distance

• Cheaters is one you sure can't argue with. It's pretty definitive. I'm not so good with the distance thing either:/

• If someone cheats and you take them back, they'll just do it again.

• Agreed, it's like a repeating cycle waiting to happen

• Lack of communication. Not "hearing" me when I need to talk about something that is bothering me, and a lack of respect for my feelings. Once a guy makes me feel like I don't matter, that I'm nothing, I'm done.

• Lack of respect for me or anybody. That's a no no..
    And then being too possessive like wants to know who I'm calling and texting and wants to see my phone the entire time. Basically jealousy

• Lol I might be the worst person to ask, since I've never dated, and I think the biggest reason I'd ever break up with someone, is because the love, the trust simply isn't there. I guess with us girls, we tend to expect a lot out of our boyfriends, but if you can't a future with him, if it seems that you're the only one whose pulling their weight in the relationship, it's not worth it.

• That makes sense:) Ty.

• Thank you

• just the attraction is not going where i hoped it would.

• Well for me it would be would he fight for me? So loyalty.