Is it okay to be friends with your exes?

Basically, I'm dating my best friend. We have some bumps in the road. And this is one of them. I found out recently he's friends with his ex girlfriends, reason is they broke it off on good terms. I told him, if we broke up I wouldn't be his friend because I don't feel comfortable, I feel as if we're keeping tabs on each other, there's that hope of getting back together, seeing him move on will hurt me, and we share a lot of memories together that I want to get rid of. THIS IS ONLY IF WE BREAK UP. To summarize, I feel as if it's difficult to move on. Now this ONLY CAME UP BECAUSE HE WAS TALKING ABOUT HIS EXES. Then he said it's uncool the way I think about it. Am I wrong? What do you think?

Updates:
He said, that he would want me still in his life. Right after the break up we would be friends. Thank you everyone for answer my question.

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• To each their own really. Some deal with breakup by cutting ties. Some stay in contact. There is no universal way to do this.

0|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• My best friend is a guy. I dated him when i was 16, hence he was my first kiss. We ended things after a week so technically he's my ex. Lol even if hell freezed over, neither of us would go anywhere near each other. He's currently engaged to a lovely girl and i couldn't be happier for them. I no longer see him as my ex, and he's the equivalent of a gay friend to me XD
    I think that there has to be a period of time where you don't talk to your ex. I don't believe you can go straight from ending a relationship to being friends. I think there definitely will be some feelings still.
    I think you're not wrong. Maybe you just love him too much to see him in any other way. Tell him that you care too much about him to be friends.

0|0
    0|0
Sponsored

Have an opinion?

0/2500

Send It!

What Guys Said 1

• It depends on the break up and the nature of the relationship. Some you can. Some you can't. Time makes a difference too.

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 1

• Yes its fine...

0|0
    0|0