Is it okay to be friends with your exes?

Basically, I'm dating my best friend. We have some bumps in the road. And this is one of them. I found out recently he's friends with his ex girlfriends, reason is they broke it off on good terms. I told him, if we broke up I wouldn't be his friend because I don't feel comfortable, I feel as if we're keeping tabs on each other, there's that hope of getting back together, seeing him move on will hurt me, and we share a lot of memories together that I want to get rid of. THIS IS ONLY IF WE BREAK UP. To summarize, I feel as if it's difficult to move on. Now this ONLY CAME UP BECAUSE HE WAS TALKING ABOUT HIS EXES. Then he said it's uncool the way I think about it. Am I wrong? What do you think?

He said, that he would want me still in his life. Right after the break up we would be friends. Thank you everyone for answer my question.

22

Most Helpful Guy

• To each their own really. Some deal with breakup by cutting ties. Some stay in contact. There is no universal way to do this.

Most Helpful Girl

• My best friend is a guy. I dated him when i was 16, hence he was my first kiss. We ended things after a week so technically he's my ex. Lol even if hell freezed over, neither of us would go anywhere near each other. He's currently engaged to a lovely girl and i couldn't be happier for them. I no longer see him as my ex, and he's the equivalent of a gay friend to me XD
    I think that there has to be a period of time where you don't talk to your ex. I don't believe you can go straight from ending a relationship to being friends. I think there definitely will be some feelings still.
    I think you're not wrong. Maybe you just love him too much to see him in any other way. Tell him that you care too much about him to be friends.

Sponsored

0/2500

Send It!

What Guys Said 1

• It depends on the break up and the nature of the relationship. Some you can. Some you can't. Time makes a difference too.

What Girls Said 1

• Yes its fine...