My girlfriend just broke up with me two hours ago, Its both Valentines day and My birthday. Does the Universe love to torment me or something?

And I don't blame my Ex-GF, I wish her nothing but good luck and happiness. We are still friends but I feel awful.

It didn't come out of the blue really, its been like that for a long time.
She's never really had a close friendship with anyone outside her family. She's been kind of socially isolated her whole life. She mistook a close friendship for love. I understand the whole thing, It just hurts.

69

Most Helpful Girl

• I'm sorry... :( But this was a blessing in disguise. You know why? Cause you no longer have a girlfriend who doesn't deserve to be called your girlfriend. (And come on, I know you don't hate her, but that was a very selfish, cold thing for her to do to you. If she was a decent person, she would of taken your birthday into account.) Happy Birthday!

• Yeah, I guess,
      I just thought I had found someone and she was my first girlfriend. :(

• Aww.. :\ Well, don't let her destroy you, especially at an emotional level. Think of this as a lesson learned, and try not to date girls who don't know what a relationship is, trust me, you'll just get disappointed\hurt every time.

Things will get better for you, man. Trust that.

• Thank you for MHO! I'm glad you found what I said to be helpful. I hope you feel better today.

Most Helpful Guy

• Damn bud, Well Happy Birthday if that helps..

Sponsored

What Girls Said 5

• Damn, that's harsh. Sorry, dude.

Her timing was inconsiderate. Usually when people break up, it doesn't come out of the blue, they had to have thought about it for awhile.

She could have been less shitty and broken up before or after, not exactly on your birthday.😐

• I don't blame her. She's never really had a close friendship with anyone outside her family. She's been kind of socially isolated her whole life. She mistook a close friendship for love

• Sorry man, good luck ❤️

• The timing could have been better. You'll won't feel that great initially but you'll get over it soon. Time really does help make things easier.

• It'll probably be a better birthday next year :P

• Dang, she's heartless... Out of all the days in the world, she chose today. Go figure!!

What Guys Said 8

• I know it is tough, but look at it this way... you are a free man now! I always try to look at the positive side of things!

The other positive side is... it is best to find out now then have wasted too much of your life with her and end up at the same stage!

What did under the same circumstance was take off for a week long trip (I know you might not be able to do that). It was one of the most enlightening experiences of my life. I travelled around the eastern sea board, kayaking the ocean and checking out the marine life and tourist traps.

Perhaps it is time for you to get away and get some clarity?

• I hate to be nasty mate but you won't remain friends for long... She probably had her sights on another dude.

• As far as the friend thing goes you do what you want, but you think about it your going to have to see her with somebody else knowing that she chose him over you. She going to give her love to him and not you. Breaking up with a guy is the worst thing a girl can do to a guy especially if there really wasn't a cause for it. Next in line if not just as bad is cheating on a guy. This is my outlook on it will be her and her SO while your just a third wheel. I wouldn't give her the time of day, 4 years ago my ex broke up with me around Christmas and the second time around my birthday. She openly admitted she said (I knew you were a virgin and I knew how vulnerable you were, she said she knew how to hook guys and that I was just a rebound to her and she really didn't love me) It's been 4 years and haven't dated anyone since. It's women like that that screw things up for the good women. I think about it and I still worked up about it to this very day. Your story reminded me of it and how some women have no regard for a guys feelings.

• meh, take it as a sign that she really doesn't care about you in that way... it will hurt like a fucker... but you'll move on quicker

• For God sakes man grow a backbone. She broke up with you on
    Valentines day and your BD? If I were you I wouldn't wish her luck

• Don't wish her good luck and happiness. She's a troll. She definitely went for some other guy, that's all.

• I met seven girls just like your girlfriend. They're all garbage. Never respect them.

• They just want money and attention.

You need to find a girl that won't leave you when you need her most. That's a real girlfriend.

• I guess she wants someone else. Sorry dude.

• feel awful= hurt egoism. when you realise that you'll find happiness. truth is... nothing belongs to us. and no one.