Who gets over an ex more easily? Men or Women?

• Men get over an ex more easily.
  • Women get over an ex more easily.
  • About the same.
    Vote C
Select a gender to cast your vote:

1527

Most Helpful Guy

• Depends on what kind of relationship we're talking about. I very much feel like women get over serious breakups exceedingly quickly. Or at minimum, all of my girlfriends in the past have gotten over the breakup a lot faster than me. And I've always initiated the breakup. I've never been broken up with, in around 12 girls. 4 of them I was deeply in love with. 2 of them I planned to marry. I was engaged to one of them.

That girl, I broke up with her. Then I went back to doing coke and smoking weed every day. 2 months down the road, I was in rehab. And she was married and pregnant. The funniest thing. I feel like Dane Cook in that movie, where any chick he slept with found happiness and got married. Good Luck Chuck. The last 3 women I dated ended up getting married months after I broke up with them.

When someone becomes your world, and when you put everything into them, how could you possibly get over it? I don't understand. Even 8 years later there hasn't been a single woman that I've been really interested in. It's not like I haven't had other girlfriends in that time, either. I have. They just didn't compare, and I would always think about her.

I asked a question on here asking if people thought about their exs, at all. Almost all the girls said not at all. So did a few of the guys, but there were more guys who did. Naturally that doesn't prove much. But it doesn't go against my perception of reality.

Most Helpful Girl

What Guys Said 26

• I think women get over exes a lot easier... quicker is probably the better word choice, since it's hard on both.

Right after a breakup, girls immediately go through their process to get over their ex. Talk it out with their friends, cry etc.

Guys on the other hands, try to mask the feelings, put on a brave face but inside it's hurting then they finally deal with it. So if we're basing it off of how long it takes, I'd say it's easier for girls.

• It depends on the individuals and the situation (the person who initiated the breakup generally moves on quicker since they got what they wanted and have a head start on dealing with it, by which I mean that they've started to deal with it in some capacity before they made it official).

I'm going to say men though because I'm ready to move on the very next day. I don't understand why people choose to hurt themselves this way.

• I certainly feel it's women, because they usually have more options. Very soon after a break-up, it's not hard for them to find someone else because they don't have to approach.

• hahahaha my god you are so wrong!

• @FakeName123 And by staring means that that's the maximum effort he's gonna put into WINING YOU! The staring contest!

• @little_bird1

That sounds quite disappointing. I hoped that at least the eastern european states haven't gone through full-on pussification, yet. Guess I was wrong.

• I think it depends on how mentally tough the individual is. Some people who can focus on work immerse themselves and actually become more productive.
    On the other hand, the rest of them who treated the relationship like it was the only thing they had going for them in their life will drown in sorrow and get depressed. So I think it depends on the person and not the sex.

• Really? This is biology from our cave-man days. When tribes were conquered and the women were taken and the men killed, the women had to move on to preserve their current and future offspring. They still more easily move from one relationship to the next, it's the way they're wired.
    Women will leave a perfectly good relationship for someone better if they have the opportunity - it's called hypergamy. The practice has become socially accepted in modern times - it's just the way it is and many women feel it is completely justified. Part of the 'you deserve better' and 'yougogrrl' bullshit.

• I think men do because they can easily let go and move on.

• Depends. Women get approached more often than men and they will eventually say yes at one point. This will help them move on faster. So even the shy ones won't have that much trouble. But if you are a passive man who doesn't make lots of moves, you are gonna have a hard time forgetting about the past. It's more of a choice for us. Either choose to live in the past by doing nothing. Or get out more and make an effort to meet new girls.

• THIS IS THE MOST RIDICULES QUESTION EVER PEOPLE DEAL WITH LOSS DIFFERENTLY!!! To one person they may take a few days to get over it, maybe they have dealt with personal loss before and a breakup is not that bad. However to another person it may take them longer. Also there are a number of variables that count into that equation like how strongly did they feel for ther ex gf/bf or why did they break up. Is this the first time they broke up for that reason? How long were they together. Is the women who just delt with the brake up have a biological clock that's ticking and wanting kids? Did he think she was the one? There's absolutely no way to say men or women people are difrent and react in difrent ways.

• To be honest, probably men. You see, the amount of rejection a guy faces before finally receiving a "Yes" is staggering, beyond anything that girls are aware of. It is probably 9 "No's" for every 1 "Yes" that a guy receives. That said, I think that all of the rejection for better or for worse has densensitized us to the pain of rejection and/or being dumped. That or it has at least mitigated the pain.

• dpends on the person and the relationship not the gender

• It really depends on the person, so I voted "about the same". I personally get over an ex-gf pretty fast.

• Whoever took the other for granted

• It's about the same, leave it at that. Okay great! Perfect.

• iยดd say: whoever broke it up xD

• women generally move on way faster but break down and are extreme on the first week.

men however regret, and go through depression and years often to move on. but the first week it doesn't hit him

• Maybe men don't show it as much but I think it's mostly the same for both

• the one that decided to break up, because that person had already started the process of accepting that the relationship is not gonna work.

• Men see it as sudden freedom! and they secretly cry a couple weeks later... Women cry right away... then they think they are over it so they go to the bar and start bumping uglies right away

• She's not my ex yet, but I dump her and get over her in one second if you were here baby.

• Its about the same. Doesn't matter if your a man or a women we both have emotions. Men have just learned to not show it, but deep down its as if we are being torn apart.

• I broke up with a girl, and I was over it within two days. So, I'm guessing men.

• Women, ufcourse after 4 years relationship she breap with me without any regret ;(...

• A cheater

• It's about 50/50 I believe

• Depends

I got cheated on that one took a while my recent ex it was like a week

• I think men do if they start having sex with another woman right away.

What Girls Said 14

• Probably men... they seem to have an easier time removing feelings from the situation which enables them to feel less guilty, or get out sooner if they know they're not feeling it or if the relationship is abusive.

To see things more clearly and justify ending the relationship, make a 'clean break' so to say. Whereas women more often will stay even if they know in their hearts that they're no longer fully into it. Stick around till the break-up is anything but clean, in doing so prolonging the process.

• It might appear at first like this - but reality is most men aren't really in contact with their emotions and thus the break-up itself will hit them delayed. It will seem that they moved on at first, but reality is that in most cases they didn't.

• Men. They have more options because almost every girl is good looking and they don't have high standards. They just go out, see a pretty girl in the bar, go back home jerking off on her, and done - they moved on. Women have bigger problem because there are not so many attractive guys out there and we have to wait to get approached. Like "heey I'm on the market, pick me pick me!". It's such a pain in the ass. But if we approach, then we are sluts. I don't know, I'm fine with being a slut. :D

• But the problem here is, men can approach, but there is no guarantee of them getting a 'yes'. A man can approach a hundred women, and STILL be rejected by all of them. For women though, they can simply pick and choose the best among the men who approach them.

• Yes, good looking people in general have easier lives... Whether it's dating, or something else! :p

• honestly i feel like its cute when a girl approaches first. a lot of guys have a fear of rejection or don't want to try because they don't feel like looking like an idiot when they try to hit on a girl. its nice every now and then to see a girl approach. It shows she has confidence and personally i don't believe she is a slut.

also women don't need to wait...

• Men , because women tend to allow their emotions to control them much more than men do. A women's life will revolve around he SO but a man's rarely does. So he can move on with his life easier. Obviously i am only speaking from my own personal observations... in general

• I really think it depends on the individual AND how the relationship was.. If it was so perfect and suddenly.. BOOM BREAK UP.. Then it can take a while for one of them or both of them.. I think.. ๐Ÿ˜† But if the relationship sucked already or wasn't good enough then maybe a week ๐Ÿ˜‚

• If she gets dumped-Women are the ones who are down at first while the guy is okay , then she moves on and he might be down and same goes for when a girl dumps a guy. Ultimately it all depends on the situation and the person.

• women cuz we tend to let out the pain emotionally speaking and have open support whereas men are kinde expected to keep it in and heal solo and to bounce back into the dating game, they likely have to initiate asking out so moving on to new fish in the sea can be daunting

• Could be either. Whoever was less invested in the relationship.

• Women. Men seem like they move on easily. But they do not. They are more emotional than women even they do not show.

• Depends on the person, the reason for the split, who broke up with who... gender is really the least determining factor.

• I think its about the same for both. Why would it be easier to get over your ex just cuz your a different gender? lol

• I would say women... Women have more social support which allows the women to vomit all her feelings without judgement. Which then means less thinking about the dude and less pining over him. Which equals getting over the man!!!

• Obviously men, they aren't as emotional

• If a guy shows interest, don't let him go.

• Dumper usually gets over it faster than dumpee.