Boyfriend broke up with me by ignoring me. How do I get closure?

I don't want to text him again and have him ignore me again.

32

Most Helpful Guy

• It can be really difficult in cases like that.

The most useful advice would be to simply move on. Don't let him hurt you any more. Any attempt on your part to talk to him to initiate some kind of closure will just make things worse, and your desire to try and do something else to properly 'end' it will make you susceptible to him popping back up in your life and wanting something from you when he is feeling horny or lonely.

If you really don't think you can move on just through force of will, then you can always do something ritualistic. That can give your mind the sense of closure. Something like writing down all the things you want to say to him, putting it in an envelope addressed to him, and then burning it. Things like that can help your mind feel like it's said what it needs to say, and that the relationship is now over.

Most Helpful Girl

• I know your pain. My ex literally avoided all my messages but still watched my snap stories so I knew he was around. 8 months later, he said he was getting good with god so he apologized for screwing me over.
    It was really messed up.

To be honest with you, you won't get closure unless he initiates it.

Sponsored

What Guys Said 1

• sometimes its better to except its over and move on because sometimes there is nothing you can do get closer except tp move on with your life

What Girls Said 2

• The most painful goodbyes are the unsaid and unspoken ones, because it leaves you constantly wondering why. Some things in life are not meant to be understood, just accepted. If he doesn't respect you enough to give you an explanation, then respect yourself by trying to move on from him. Getting an explanation doesn't necessarily mean you will get closure, it could actually cause you more pain ♥

• That has happened to me before and I know it sucks. But I would send one last text just to get your feelings out and say what you need to say. I think you will feel a bit better, even if he ignores your message he will surely see it and maybe come to his senses about the whole thing

• I texted asking if it's over then texted again saying it was over and he just didn't want to say. I wished him a nice life and I'm done with it. Not sure if I should block him?