Did I screw up by texting my ex happy birthday?

We have been broken up for quite some time. We dated for a very long time 4+ years. He has a girlfriend whom I know he's super happy and in love with, but for some reason I just wanted to text him. We haven't talked since our break up and just kinda left I alone. I unblocked his number just for today... I don't think he'll respond duh... But why do I feel like I messed up. I didn't say anything crazy just happy birthday old friend...

31

Most Helpful Guy

• You have acted appropriately to wish him happy birthday. If he doesn't respond, that's his cup of tea.

Most Helpful Girl

• You feel like you messed up because you know you only texted him cause you were lonely. Maybe in the back of your mind you're disappointed in yourself because you gave into a second of weakness. I hope this didn't sound harsh. :) I hope this was helpful.

Sponsored

What Guys Said 0

The only opinion from guys was selected the Most Helpful Opinion, but you can still contribute by sharing an opinion!

What Girls Said 2

• You were just being friendly saying happy birthday to an old friend. There is nothing wrong with that.

• of course you didn't mess up!!! he will probably just interpret it as a normal happy birthday and will think it was sweet of you to send it. he might or might not respond but it doesn't matter. I don't think it'll make any change, for better or worse