We were never really anything official, do we have a chance to be something later on in life?

We were never really anything official, do we have a chance to be something later on in life? We both had feelings for one another, but never really communicated it with each other. I still have feelings for him, not sure how he’s feeling about me. We went on a few dates, but I I think in the beginning he did want a relationship, but I wasn’t for it. The interest for go on dates came from him. But I kept my options open. I would say it was pretty casual, until I developed feelings for him. But we never communicated our feelings for each other. I never told him I liked him, we just continued to hook up casually. but I moved half way across the world for school. And when I was leaving, he ignored me and was really short with me when he saw me.

I also told him we would be better off as friends a few months ago and he admitted to me he was really upset about that. He ignored me then too for a few weeks, until I brought it up. We ended up talking then, he opened up a lot to me and said he is scared of being hurt and rejected. I told him I really do like him and he said he liked me also. We were both drunk tho

30
Sponsored

0/2500

Send It!

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 3

• You always have a chance, especially if there wasn't a relationship. If there was no hard feelings or fights, then it shouldn't be so bad when you try again. What you should do is keep in touch with him if you want a long distance relationship. If you think you can't handle or don't like LDR's then just move on. Remember, what is meant to be, will be. Good luck! :)

• there was a lot of mixed signals and confusion. And I don't know what terms we left on because a few days before I left I asked him if he wanted to meet up and talk. He replied to everything else but never answered that question.. and hasn’t said anything to me since…I did tell him 2 months we would be better off as friends a few months ago and he admitted to me he was really upset about that. He ignored me then too for a few weeks, until I brought it up. We ended up talking then, he opened up a lot to me and said he is scared of being hurt and rejected. I told him I really do like him and he said he liked me also. We were both drunk tho. An LDR right now would just not be possible because I dont know what he's feeling

• He probably felt like you led him on since you didn't show as much interest as him and you shut him down when he told you he wanted a relationship. And since you're halfway across the world now, I wouldn't try to make things better with him.

• its really bothering me tho

• I dont know what I beleive. he's done this before where there was an issue or he was upset and he just avoided and ignored me.

• If he's done this before then don't be so willing to go through it again. Its a waste of time. If its a pattern then you're going in circles.

• that's too bad. I think he was trying to protect himself because he knew that you wouldn't see each other and be able to be together when you left. this happened to me with my ex boyfriend... we dated in the same country but then I had to move and we tried the distance but wasn't working out. when I went back home for the holidays I told him I wanted to enjoy my last week with him but that we should break up after that because I couldn't stand the distance anymore... so he just avoided me that whole week saying that he was busy or he couldn't see me because he had too much work... I know he just didn't want to spend time with me again and then realize that it was over. It sucks... I miss him so much. anyways, I do think that if he liked you a lot and if he wanted something serious, he might come back to you when you get back if you two still want that. but you're moving for a long time so the most probable thing is - you will move on. maybe when you're back if the circumstances are right you'll fall for each other again. just contact him when you're back and ask him how he is doing. you already fell for each other once, so it can happen again.

• thanks :) you are right, very great advice! Ill be going back and forth after being here for 3 months, because Ill have a work placement. I'll be back at least once a month maybe even 2 or 3. I know he wants something serious. He is turning 27 now.

• give him some time... try to contact him when you're back again

• I will. Its just driving me kind of crazy.. lol But he needs space.