Is busy ever a valid excuse?

Broke up with boyfriend over text because had hardly seen him and when I complained why he said it was a really important few months for him with work and college and wouldn't have much spare time. Asked for him to bring my stuff round and to talk in person but he said he didn't know when he would have chance and offered to post them. I said no to start not wanting to let him get away with being a coward not seeing me but have given in and said to post them. I'm really upset about all this and think its not just being busy but that he also doesn't want to be with me? Have I done the right thing letting him post them and what should I do now, any hope of him coming back?

613

Most Helpful Guy

• http://youtu.be/hbkZrOU1Zag

Yes, it absolutely can be. A girl that I once dated and really liked contacted me awhile ago wanting to "catch up." I really want to, but I don't have the time right now. Unless someone is married or has children, improving their life and bettering their position in life to provide better for themselves and their family and whoever they wind up marrying in the future should always be their number one priority. If another fits into that, great. If not, then hopefully there will be another day.

If you ever want to have a shot with this guy, try and not take this so personal and act so insecure. Making this harder on him and demanding more attention when he might not have any to give will only decrease your chances of ever having a shot with him.

• Thing is we have already broken up over it now and there were other reasons why I didn't think he wanted to be with me. He's posting my things round tomorrow i'm worried I won't hear from him again should after he drops them off should I thank him and say sorry I do understand with work and would be nice in future if we met up to talk about it when he's more free? But then that seems needy to me, or just wait for him to contact me if he ever does? We haven't had chance to discuss this in person at all though.

• What do you mean by post them? Mail them to you?

Have you said or implied "I said no to start not wanting to let him get away with being a coward not seeing me" to him?

It'd be ok for you to say something to the effect of "I apologize for getting so upset. I would like to talk about it when you get a chance."

• I mean leave them in my mail box on his way to work.

I haven't said that to him but I did say that I didn't think him not being able to see me was just because of being busy (we're talking not even being free for an hour a week to spend time together). When I texted him about posting my things through I did say I hoped he was good and that work was going well though and he replied saying work was going really well just super busy etc and asked if he could drop them off tomorrow. Then didn't reply to my text back after that so I don't want to spam him?

Most Helpful Girl

• You are Right Here, dear, he is More than a 'Coward,' he Is... A Lame duck Excuse of a Guy with no Try.
    He may be this Busy Bee to an Extent but Believe me, He is Putting Others And Other Priorities as Well on his Long list, Making you the Low gal on The "He didn't know when He would have a chance" Totem Poop Pole, I see right through him like a Clear Blue Pool, I am No fool.
    Good Thinking. Let his Cold Heartless Dick 'Post them,' then You... Forget Him.
    He may come around one day with his tail between his legs. And if this happens, should you take him back, it will end up a Full Circle problem Pattern that will Always go Dead in the Water.
    Good luck. xx

Sponsored

What Guys Said 12

• yes busy is a valid excuse. sometimes things will come up that will prevent us from doing other things.

• very valid reason. work and college isn't easy. so i think you are being a bit selfish... wait... i take that back... VERY selfish.
    Now should he have brought your stuff around... something would have been off... but if he is so busy that all he can do is mail it to you... i believe he was being honest and you split with him because you wanted to be an attention hog. oh well... hopefully the next guy is clingy and will not leave you alone for a sec... would be funny.

• But so busy to not see your girlfriend at all for a month?

• I did suggest that to him but he basically said no because he wouldn't sleep well.. Believe me I wasn't selfish at all I tried to offer solutions, I'm also at college too so I understand busy

• ahhhh screw him then, he's probably screwing another chick

• Being busy is a valid excuse exams are super hard in college. Especially if they are 300+ level classes.

• busy can be a valid excuse, yes.

• 18-24 he's probably working on finishing college and getting a good grade as well as having to support himself and pay his bills.

I like that you're calling him a coward when you broke up with him via text.

• I don't care how busy a person can be, that's the biggest fucking excuse someone can give you. when you really like someone, you will find the time or the way to make you feel missed and important.

• Yep busy is valid excuse but in your case it doesn't look like. He is always like this or just acting now?

• Yes busy is an excuse, life gets busy, and sometimes you have to prioritize. And to be honest, the wishes and needs of an ex typically fall pretty low on that list, at least for me.

• Busy is a valid excuse.

• Yes busy is a valid excuse you can't put work or school on hold for a date

• Depends on what they were " busy " doing

• Yes it is.

What Girls Said 5

• People can genuinely be busy and it can prevent them from contacting you or doing things for you immediately , but if his behaviour is consistent then he is just making excuses. If someone loves you and cares about you then they will make an effort... not an excuse.

No matter how busy someone is they will sacrifice some time for you out of their busy schedule. People always find time for someone who is important to them.

• Women need attention, but we also need to understand when our man is busy. Sometimes they are too wrapped up with school and work , but if he seems happy and loveydovey with you when you guys hangout there shouldn't be much to worry about. I think he might let you go cause he has too many things to do and he won't wanna lose focus if he really is busy. You should try contacting him if you guys have a good history and ask him how he feels about you two and the future. BEST OF LUCK :*

• Let go and move on. Nobody is ever to busy for the one's they care about. He could easily say let's meet for lunch or dinner. He eats right? Please, he isn't that busy. Move on life is to short to waste on people who don't put on time.

• Yes, of course busy is a valid excuse. In your case get your stuff back and move on.

• I mean, if he says he's busy, he is. I see it as a valid excuse because I understand, I have 2 jobs and online classes. I don't even have time for personal life, so yeah.