I was the type of girlfriend that you would put a ring on it. I stood by his anxiety/depression, attempted suicide, dui, losing his job etc. I was there for him through it and never once regretted it. I have a daughter from a previous relationship and on top of her I was financially helping him through his hard times. Driving him around to where he needed to go after his dui and didn't have his car. I stood by and dealt with a lot of shit.

Now he's in a new relationship 3 months after our break up (they've only been together for a month) I also caught him creeping on my Facebook a week into their new relationship. so it's been 4 months since our break up and we dated for two years and he even gave me a ring at one point. Plus talked about marrying me. I've basically left him alone until last night when I shot him off a text about a movie I watched that we saw together and how it reminded me of one of our happier memories. He didn't respond.

do you think eventually down the road he'll regret everything he's done? Like walking away from everything we had and been through... Do you think she's a rebound? Do you think he'll eventually come back? Or do you think he's whole heartedly moved on? Please I would love great advice.

34

Most Helpful Girl

• He may, he may not. The most important thing you need to think about is would you truly want to be in a relationship w/such a screwed up guy? (not hating on people w/depression, he just seems egotistical). If he has so many issues, you would just be miserable. There aren't many girls/guys that would put up w/people very long. When I 1st broke up w/my ex, I thought the exact same thing. Then again I thought, why the heck do I want an unambitious, lazy, egotistical guy? I don't. Concentrate on bettering your life and if the guy lost out, he lost out. He never respected or appreciated you, so it doesn't matter if he does or doesn't come back. A person who loves, won't let you go in the 1st place.

Sponsored

What Guys Said 4

• Guys like that will have whats coming to them eventually... i know... it happened to me. humbled my ass. now i have another chance to show my appreciation for a good supporting woman and im not wasting it... again.

• So do you think he will regret it? Or no. I completely understand what you're saying. Would you try to go back to this girl or would you just try to move on? He always told me I was the best thing to ever happen to him and that I pushed him to be a better person. If he were to call me at 4 in the morning because he was in trouble or something happened, I'd be there for him. No questions asked. And part of me feels like he knows that. Wahhhh lol I need all the help and advice I can get other than move on. Lol

• And see I'm not a spiteful person. Yes I'm hurt and still heartbroken over this guy but I would never wish anything bad to ever happen to him. I know his father is extremely ill and I'm afraid what's going to happen after he passes on. It's like deep down I want him to come back. He believe it or not was my best friend and I was his. So this new relationship doesn't make sense. Is he just trying to fill emptiness or is he trying to avoid what happened between us and the emotions but committing to another relationship?

• overthinking it won't help either... just find someone else.

• no why should he regret it? he just moved on and found someone else. rejection hurts but you will move on it takes time it can take up to 6 months depending on you're personality. once you move on you will forget about this relationship and be happier elsewhere

• Time to move on. No point wasting more time on a dead-end project.

• leave him

What Girls Said 2

• What was the reason for your break up can i ask? what it his decision or yours?

• It kind of just happened. We got in a fight over social media. We had plans to go to this huge concert together which he said he didn't want to go because he just got a dui which I understood. But he lied about the social media crap. Didn't talk for 3 days and he sent me this long text about how he still loved me and wanted to see me so I finally responded later that night trying to explain why I was so upset and he blew off everything I said and just kept you don't need to keep reminding me that's it's done. I know it's done. And that's not what I was saying at all. I never wanted it to be over at all. I found out a month later he actually went to the concert. He admitted it to me but was so nasty about it. Mind you I have never done anything wrong to the kid.

• Well as i see it if a relationship is solid it won't break over something so silly so maybe they were more problems and that was the final straw?
      Will he regret it? Oh yes, definitely. You dont find often people who willing to support you as much as you supported him. He will realize that in time and then he will regret that eh left
      Should you care? In my opinion no, you should move on and find someone who will treat you better and appreciate you

• I mean you name it I was there. He was on the phone with me the night he put a gun to his head and I heard him load it and the dreadful click. After 15 seconds of silence I started screaming for him. It felt like an eternity before he started crying and told me he put the gun down. I was on the phone with him until about 4:30/5 in the morning before i fell asleep I made sure he was asleep. I slept for maybe an hour before I woke to him calling me 17 times and even being mad that I didn't answer my phone. He told me I didn't care and that his other good friend did and she was there to pick him up from work. Low and behold I hopped out of bed, left my daughter there sound asleep next to me, and rushed to his house and stayed with him until I knew he was okay. I even left work early and met up with him a couple of hours earlier because I was so worried. When I saw him I broke down crying because I was so scared. He smiled, hugged me and said awww she's worried. Like it was a game.

• Maybe YOU think you were the type you'd "put a ring on" but to me you just sound clingy

• Nah far from it. If you knew half the things I went through you'd understand. If I was clingy I would be blowing up his phone, stalking him constantly (on social media) trying to keep tabs on him the whole nine yards. I've left him alone. I come here to vent and release the frustration and pain I've felt from this. I don't have family or friends that I can just go out with and talk to.