Girls, If you cut someone off because you felt no connection to them and you found out they had been depressed would you change your mind?

Girls if you cut someone off who you thought was a 'lovely guy' because you felt no connection to them after 18 months of 'friendship' and felt you had been unable to get past the acquaintance stage.
Would you consider giving them a second chance if they contacted you weeks after and admitted they had been depressed all the time they knew you but were getting help?

• I would but it would take me a while to reply
  • I would and would reply immediately
  • I would not reply
    Vote C
Select a gender to cast your vote:
Guys can not vote on this poll
I'm a Girl
Thanks for the responses!

3

What Girls Said 3

• If there was no connection than I wouldn't. I know people who suffer from depression are different when they're not in that state. I suffer from depression. I know how difficult it is. But it's still part of who you are. You can get help and that's great but it's not going away.

• Hi thanks for your answer. My depression was down to a number of factors which are changing and I haven't had it before or all my life, I'm not on medication or anything so I think it was mild. I contacted her a week before she went on holiday and she's on holiday now until Friday so I guess time will tell

• She may respond to be polite but if she felt no connection don't expect it to mean more than it does.

• Thank you for your advice. I just wanted to explain because I realise cutting someone off could be painful for her too

• Maybe she's thinking about how to reply to you?
    Depression can be bad for keeping up a relationship.
    It's hard to promise someone that you won't get depressed and hard for you to act suddenly happy but definitely give it a try !

• Thanks, Hi I've messaged her already to tell her I miss her but I also likned to this post I made on Tumblr which explains how I felt. I hope she will at least chat to me about it when she's back from holiday. nowheremanhere. tumblr. com/.../men-its-ok-to-have-feelings I'ts not cured but I am feeling better for talking about it

• I was withdrawn in person but anxious and annoying in messages

• just explain it to her and hopefully she'll understand

• If he explained to me what you have just stated then... Yes I would give him a second chance. Depression can be so debilitating for the person suffering from it. So I'd have empathy for him and welcome him back into my life 😊

• Thanks for your answer. She said she had always been happy when she had met up with me but was also awkward and somewhat uncomfortable/unable to loosen up. I basically messaged her and said I miss her and thanked her for giving me the kick I needed to sort things out. My depression was down to a number of factors which are changing and I haven't had it before or all my life, I'm not on medication or anything so I think it was mild. I contacted her a week before she went on holiday and she's on holiday now until Friday so I guess time will tell

• Thank you for that link. It made me cry. I have suffered from depression and my behaviour pushed away someone I love. In hindsight I wished I'd be honest with him So I'm sure she'll give a positive response to your message. I sincerely hope it works out for you

• I thought it might seem as if I was whining? I hope she reads it. Even if she replies to tell me to get lost at least she knows the reason I was distant and hard to get to know. I'm sorry I made you cry.