How do you fix this?

So I haven't seen my best (guy) friend in over a year (we mainly keep in contact through text). We have "history" (relationship wise), but even when that ended our friendship bond just grew stronger. Our relationship was always a little flirty even when we were just friends. But, I met someone else and suddenly I changed. I wasn't flirty anymore and the way my best friend and I talked became different. I didn't want to tell him that I met someone else so he was confused about why my personality suddenly changed. The reason why I decided not to tell him was because of our history and I didn't want it to ruin our friendship. Fast forward to a few months later and my friend hits me up acting flirty. I decided it was time to tell him that I met someone. I realised it was the right thing to do because I didn't want to lie but at the same time I felt like I wanted to protect our friendship. I felt like if he knew he'd get jealous and not want to speak to me again. Turns out he actually got mad at me for hiding the truth, and he would've wanted me to tell him I was seeing someone straight away! He is so angry to the point where he is ignoring my texts and any other types of contact. I don't know how to fix this guys... He is really important to me and he is my best friend :) I really need him in my life... He makes me so happy! Plis help xx

12

What Guys Said 2

• Sounds like you like a guy who is still acting like a 12 year old. Either he steps up and asks you out or he needs to shelve his childlike tantrum of being upset that you have another friend. You have every right to go out with someone you like. If he was your friend, he would support you. The fact that you didn't tell him immediately is not really his business. If you want less confusion, find friends who are more mature.

• I would just say apologize and be honest with him about why you hid it. If he comes back then he comes back, if he doesn't then he doesn't... I have a feeling he'll come around

What Girls Said 1

• Give him some time. He seems to still have feelings for you. Maybe talking less would help.