Why is my ex boyfriend being a jerk towards me?

My ex broke up with me about 2 months ago. However, we still continued to text a bit but I tried to distance myself so I could get over it. He said he wanted to be friends and if I ever needed anything he'd be there. He was always a really nice guy and very sweet. For the past couple of weeks we've been planning to meet up. He seemed up for the idea.

But he cancelled on me 3 times, all last minute. He also started to give me minimal responses like 'Yeah' 'Nice', that sort of thing. I didn't understand - what did I do? It started to seem like he didn't even want to see me anymore. But he always kept asking to reschedule.

So finally I saw him yesterday - though he only said that I had an hour with him before he had to leave. He didn't seem friendly at all - in fact, it seemed as if he was trying to avoid eye contact with me. Also he is moving to another city soon.

I feel like I'm being a doormat. But the reason that I don't want him out of my life is I keep clinging on to memories of the past and how nice he used to be. Why would he act like a jerk towards me, suddenly? I don't understand.

21

What Guys Said 1

• Mademoiselle,

Those "memories" that you keep clinging on to, yeah, they are memories.

He's gone. He WAS acting like a jerk, (he's probably an asshole, sorry, I said it).

You don't EVER have to be a doormat for any guy. Choose another good man.

What Girls Said 2

• Because he's a jerk

• I think you need to let go. The fact he wouldn't make eye contact suggests either you really hurt him or he is keeping something from you.