My boyfriend recently broke up with me. What can I do to apologize for my mistakes? Is there still hope for us?

My boyfriend and I have been dating for almost a year. He says I’m his best friend and the best girlfriend he’s ever had.

He works a lot, like a lot, and I love seeing him but I want to see too much of him.

A few days ago I started a fight with him because he took too long to clean his place and wasn’t able to spend as much time with me as I would have liked. He apologized and said he’d make it up to me but I didn’t care and bitched him out about it. Even insinuating a break up because of he can’t manage his time.

The night before he was upset that he didn’t have time for himself so I know not having his free time has been bothering him.

The fight I started resulted in him breaking up with me. That’s not what I wanted and I begged him to stay. He’s my first love and I don’t want him to go. He started to tell me how I was amazing and how I deserve better but I know he was just trying to let me down easy. I was a huge jerk and I realize that now. He text me the next day and asked how I was. I told his I was okay and thanks for asking. He replied that he loved and cared about me and that he was sorry for any pain he’s cause. Since he was at work at the time I didn’t reply back. And now its been 3 days and I haven’t heard from him.

I realize that I’ve been selfish and not giving him space so I don’t want to bother him. I want him back but I don’t want to push him away.

I still haven’t properly apologized and I really do what too because he deserves it and I love him. I just don’t know what to do. Should I wait till he contacts me again? Or should I give it a week or two and reach out? I made a mistake and I don’t want to lose him over it. Help!

• Its over.
  • There's still hope.

47

Most Helpful Guy

• I can understand both sides really. He works a lot and you view it as him not wanting to spend time with you. Its a bit tricky.

Him working a lot and you 'bitching' to him, meant that you put him in a situation where he felt he had to choose. He chose his job. He felt that he couldn't give you the things that you want in a relationship right now. You're hurt and angry because the little time you do get is 'very little' in your eyes.

There was heck of a lot breakdown in communication. He is probably feeling stressed out about the demands for his job and demands from you. Did you ever just sit down like adults and just talk? Communication is key here.

Ask him when he is available to talk. Don't pressure him into giving you a time and date. Let him come to you in his own time. Even if it's a week. You'll need to practice patience. Don't bring up its taken him forever to get back to you. Ask him what's going on with his job, what you can do to support him and usual stuff about what's going on in life.

Good luck.

• We miscommunication a lot. When we first met neither of us thought we were into each other. It took a whole week for me to build up the courage to ask him out again. And after that we were inseparable. I'm going to apologize to him tonight and let the chips fall where they may.

Most Helpful Girl

• I don't think you should wait. It's great that you're willing to apologize. I know it's hard to date someone who has no time for you, but you should understand that as much as you two love each other, each of you still has their own life. It's not like he's not hanging out with you to see his friends, he's working and taking care of his house. You should support your boyfriend in what he's doing, tell him you understand, tell him you're proud of him working so hard... because I'm sure you are. Would you rather date someone who has all the time in the world to be with you, but doesn't get anything important done day after day? Talk to him and apologize, tell him you were just very sad that you didn't get to spend time together, but you understand, respect his hard work and his life. :) Hope this helps.

Sponsored

0/2500

Send It!

What Guys Said 6

• You might be shit out of luck.

You threayened breaking up with him. For many guys, thats enough reason to break up. Especially true of he has been stomped on my you for awhile now.

If you do apologizes, do it soon an simple

• He was so mad that I did that. I'm going to apologize to him and hope for the best. I messed up but hopefully it's not too late. I just got so selfish and I see that now. It took him calling it quits unfortunately but I just hope he forgives me.

• I know this wasn't the first time you bitched at him because you're a needy selfish person. He's done with it. He's free. If you love him let him go until you stop being emotional, needy and selfish. Overly emotional girls are stressful to be around. I dated a girl similar to you. I bet you bitched him out for the littlest things and he's probably passive. I'm not. My ex could never completely bitch cause I'd out logic her and be willing to defend my points.

• the fact that you are self aware enough to see when you're in the wrong is really healthy, i can't know if you're right for each other from here ofcourse, but i would say, don't wait!
    talk to him, let him know that you actually get what's going on, and not just sitting calling him the bad guy. THEN give him the time if he needs it. maybe this is the end, but there's no harm in clearing the air.

• you made a guy feel like shit for living his life, you are supposed to make his life better not worse.

Most you can do is learn from your mistakes.

• Never give up if u mean your relation, if u want him back then try as much as u can and let him know he is the one. he said he cares if he really cares he never let u cry coz of him all the best!!

1 private opinion(s)
Only the asker and the opinion owner can see it. Learn more

What Girls Said 3

• Sounds like you're both just hurting each other! I don't think it would end well if you got back together!

• You should try to see him and tell him how you still love him and that your sorry

• You sound too clingy and immature make time out for yourself and don't chase a man.