Ex boyfriend will not return my belongings I left at his house. its been 8 days since he broke it off by text. how do I get my items back?

I know the relationship is over and I'm happy he's out of my life.
How do I get my items back?

he has little respect for other people. and can't look me in the eye.
he tried to humilate me by texting me this and I'm not wanting to talk to this.. individual either.

53

Most Helpful Guy

• The guy who is keeping you stuff from you is playing a little mind game with you.. and he thinks that you will run back to him and say that this was all your fault.. even tho to me it sounds nothing like that.. many guys play head games like that.. and if push comes to shove.. get the police or your friends to help you get your stuff back, you do not even have to say a word to this guy when you pick up your stuff if he is there.. he made the choice.. do not let him forget it

• I don't know if he has to play mind games. its too bad he is like that because I thought higher of him at one point. thanks for your advice.

• thanks. I can't belive this happened 34 days ago. I'm already with a boyfriend who treats me 1000% better. its insane. he returned my stuff eventually and still acts like a dick. I just ignore. thanks for your answer. yeah he ended it.

Most Helpful Girl

• Ask a friend to get your stuff!

What Guys Said 2

• Go over there and demand your things back. Bring a guy friend or family member, brother, dad, etc.

• I was thinking to get a police officer with me to get my things back.

• Not a good idea. It is his place and police cannot enter unless he allows it. Also based on what you said about the guy, he could decide to be a dick and file a restraining order. Not saying he would get it, but it's not an issue you want to get yourself into.

• I don't want to go to his place or talk to him. I do need my things back some of them are personal. I don't want to go the legal route

• it depends on what type of items they are if they are items like pens , soaps , shampoo you should let em go

What Girls Said 4

• i think you've missed your chance on getting these items back.
    or you can go through with it with the police and bring a officer down with you so he doesn't try anything.

• Get a friend to call him and set the time to come and pick things up. Not too sure you can avoid seeing him as it's his place.

• Could you send a friend to his house?

• If it was me i would get the police involved. Maybe text him saying "if i do not get my things back i will get the cops involved" even though its his home i still think its stealing.