Is there ever a good time to break up with someone?

It's been coming for a while, but it's tough because we live together, have kids, consigned a car loan etc. I was going to do it soon because my mom wants to move into a place with us so I figured if I did it before we moved I could move in with my mom and he could move back home. We've pretty much already agreed that if we ever split I would keep the kids and I would let him see them whenever. It's just I don't know how to time it. I want to tell him today but he has the stomach flu.. I have already tried to work things out with him many times. He refuses counseling and refuses to see that something is wrong. I wouldn't do this if I wasn't sure. I just hate hurting people so it's hard to actually do the act. Is there ever a prime time that makes it easier to handle? Thanks.

24

Most Helpful Guy

• It has to be done. Pick a time when you can both sit down and say it and not be disturbed.

Most Helpful Girl

• Honestly there is no "good" time, a break up involving so many things causes so many headaches but you will be 100% happier and the complicated things are only temporary, you had already agreed about what you'd do about the children, just because he has the flu doesn't make him paralyzed!

Sponsored

0/2500

Send It!

What Guys Said 3

• Help him mend the stomach flu and then later tell him

• wow... that is really a bummer, it depends on the person... if I had to pick a moment I would have to say morning... wait are you talking about easier on him or you?

• Yes. Generally when they don't need you.

What Girls Said 1

• There is never a good time. Just make sure you do it the right way and not on their birthday.