I know cheating is bad anyway, but?

Is it even worse if you're married with young children?

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• Depends on how you look at it.

Assuming you dont get caught, some would argue its better than having a messy divorce and splitting up the family.

I think women cheat just as much as men do theyre just significantly less likely to get caught and more likely to justify their actions as being done with the intention of "keeping the family together".

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 3

• I think so, because it's now affecting children who are not fully able to understand or process what is happening. The person cheating is knowingly harming their family and putting them through emotional and possibly even mental turmoil.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes, because you are risking tearing apart your family. If you are no longer attracted to your spouse or you no longer want to be in a monogamous relationship with them, it is your responsibility to tell them how you feel and end your relationship amicably so that you can both be there for your child (ren).

0|0
    0|0
  • I would think so, because first of all, you've traded vows - You've vowed to be with her (and no other).

And now you have young children who you are to be a role model for. If/When you're ever caught, you're damaging your wife and your children emotionally/psychologically.

0|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 3

• Everything is subjective.

Imagine a beggar who has no money no food. One day the beggar decides he is going to die unless he finds food so he robs a grocery store run by a father of 5 who also badly needs the money to survive but has a lot of money in his bank account.

Who is at fault here? Technically no one because both of these people (the beggar and the store owner) are doing what they can to survive. This is why we have laws. Not because the law tells you whats the right thing to do. No. The only purpose of laws is to settle disputes like this, where no one is at wrong.

However, there isn't a law that bans cheating. Why is it bad? Is it because you're looking for your own happiness? Thats what you're supposed to do. there's a survival instinct in each and everyone of us that tells us that our own life is more valuable than other's. Yes, sometime people can suppress that instinct and sacrifice themselves and their own happiness for the ones they love, but not everyone can do that.

My point is that cheating isn't that bad. there's always a reason for it. No one simply does something just because. Yes I agree that there are better ways to handle the situation such as communication but know this, you only have 1 life to live, and you own other people nothing. Whatever good deed you do (such as suppressing your own survival instinct) is not because its the right thing to do, but because you're being kind. you're being human.

http://cdn.meme.am/images/10024834.jpg

0|0
    0|0
  • Yeah cuz then you're not just betraying one girl, you're betraying multiple family members

1|0
    0|0
  • no it's still not fair to the person that you cared for at some point... you aren't cheating on the kids, as much as cheating the kids... there usually is a way to communicate to the victim that it is in their best interest that you are being upfront and respect them enough to allow a head start...

0|0
    0|0