Have you ever regretted breaking up with someone?

Most Helpful Guy

• Never.
    But I have had years of therapy and I know how to analyze things. I also have a brain that doesn't stop going over things over and over.
    I also don't just break up on a whim. I once dated a woman that as soon as you say something she doesn't like she immediately goes to "well then maybe we shouldn't see each other then". I guess is shocked her when I said "ok"
    If I am unhappy about something I will go over it every way possible. I first look at it and make sure I am not the issue. Am I being unreasonable? is there something I can do to change the issue?
    Then I think, is this something that is worth breaking up over?
    and I go right down the list. I take a very detached stance and try not to let emotions get into it until the last run through. Because emotions do play a part. But they can't be the only thing. If I go through everything and come to the conclusion that nothing she does can make me want to stay with her the rest of my life, I break it off and move on. I am not looking to "just have fun" or casually date. I am looking for someone to spend the rest of my life with. I had that woman, she had other plans after 25 years. So unfortunately, I am looking again. Hopefully when I find her she is blonde with blue/grey or green eyes lol... as that is my type. But I have dated all kinds.

Most Helpful Girl

• No not at all. If anything, I've asked myself why I hadn't done it sooner

Sponsored

What Guys Said 7

• Yep. Life is full , of mistakes which you regret BUT, if you learn from them, the regret disappears. Good lesson but move on.

• No, but the ones I was emotionally entangled in tore me apart... Pain, self destruction, and rebirth is a process that you have to suffer through, but regret/guilt isn't part of it.

• Nope. She sure tried to make me regret it, but I was extremely pleased with breaking up with her.

• Nope.

• nope.

• Obviously 💁🏻

• yes i did coz she was so cute.. n i think bout her all the time..

What Girls Said 1