Why did he call it off?

So I met this guy in January of this year and we really hit it off. He asked for my number and then immediately set up a date. We went out a total of 8 times and had about 10 more things we had planned on doing together. Just the other day, he texted me and we were talking about "when we get together" and "when we're officially dating" we were talking about going to college together. Then just today he texted me and said that he likes me but school is his priority, which I totally supported. We studied together (and I mean actually studied) all the time. We both brought our grades up to high A's in all our classes. But he said he doesn't want to date me anymore. He said he's still attracted to me both for my looks and personality, and he said that if we had dated, we probably would have made it. But he doesn't think we should try. Apparently the 37 minutes between our houses is a problem that he can't deal with. He wants us to be friends. But he totally broke my heart. So I don't know what to do. Is there another reason he broke it off?

Most Helpful Guy

• No, I don't think there could be any other reason. The good thing here is that he was being totally honest with you, yes I can understand you are hurt, but you should appreciate his honesty, if he wanted he could have lead you on and then break your heart, but then he chose to be honest with you and tell you the truth instead.

I know you are still hearbroken. I can understand.

Most Helpful Girl

• Give it awhile of no contact maybe. Stay on top of your grades. And if nothing happens and u still can't stop thing of him then go after him. Or change and build yourself and you life. Let him go (not if you love him though). Keep him in that case and chase him until you've walked every road to express u care. I think many people love and fall in love but choose convenience over love. Its truly sad. I may hav a romantic veiw of dating but i just believe obe should follow what they feel, believe in, .. love.

Sponsored

What Guys Said 1

1 private opinion(s)
Only the asker and the opinion owner can see it. Learn more

What Girls Said 2

• Are you kidding? 37 minutes is no excuse and not even far. Either he just doesn't feel like dating at the moment- or He found another girl he took a liking to.

• Yo I just found this again and thought I'd let you know, he was cheating on me while we were together and he chose her over me lol I'm fine now but it does make sense

• Screw it. He ain't worth it then