Have you ever attempted to reach out to an ex after a long period of time of having no contact with each other? why?

This question's mostly directed towards men, but women can answer, too. What brings you to their inbox? memories, guilt, intoxication, what? I've just never understood why most of mine have always found their way back to me, so the interpretation would be greatly appreciated. most of mine come back after years of us being apart.

Most Helpful Guy

• Break ups can be really tough and what could bring a guy back to you is simply the fact that he loves you (remember guys can fall in love just as deep as women can)... secondly he could be feeling guilt due to the fact that he messed up and you dumped him, now he's trying to get back what you two had before... thirdly in his mind he might know that you love him and he's taking advantage to that to get you back and use you either as his sex slave or a main chick since you could be making him feel complete but yet he'd be sneaking around with other women. That's the plain truth ✌

• our break up was 6 years ago, though. you think he still loves me? lol

• thank you so much. this was very helpful

• The pleasure is all mine darling.

Sponsored

What Guys Said 11

• I've done this. In my case, I reached a point where I still thought she was the one and I wanted her back in my life. Didn't want anyone else, just her. So after 6 months i ran back to her and it actually worked out. She wanted me back too.

Until 2 nights ago she broke up with me again. (Third time now) she just doesn't want to be tied down. And doesn't love me as much as I love her...
    So yeah I wish I was dead, but ya know, not. Hope she finds what she's looking for. Hope more that it ends up being me

• oh wow. I'm so sorry to hear about that. I hope everything works out for you in the end whether she's in the picture or not.

• Thanks, me too

• Most guys dont. But I did mosty cause my case it wasn't a bad break up ^w^.

• I've never reached out to one romantically no, but I've stayed friends with all my ex's since I had good friendships with them and the breakups weren't that bad.

• I would reach out to an ex if I was trying to get back with her, just to see what her life is like, or maybe just because I'm horny and want to hook up

• Because of memories, of nice shared things, love, missing sex, hugs, or just the person at all. Real men looks for support in their girlfriend and if they did not find it out, or don't have it at all, they're looking for different alternatives.

• Out of respect for the next woman... no.

• Nope because it didn't work the first time

• Yeah. I felt lonely. Not satisfied with new relationship. So, much of life of comparisons.

• hell no... when i'm done with them, i'm done.. lots of girls out there... don't need to recycle

• Girls do it too. Why?

• you know why. you read the question >.>

• I'm so sorry it happened to you, though. Getting cheated on hurts so much. Don't be a stranger if you really need someone to talk to. My inbox is always open.

• Thanks appreciate it 😊

• Yes, although I think maybe she initiated it?

We were friends for a long time, very close friends. Decided to get together and for a while things were great. Then stuff, and stuff, and you know, stuff. Two years later we were talking again. Strictly as friends. Both of us in relationships.

Not sure I'd guarantee it though since your partner can have some trouble with it.

• partner as in my current bf? or partner as in ex partner?

• I was thinking of the present one. I would certainly not rejoice at the idea of my girlfriend suddenly resuming contact with her ex. Especially if she made any attempts to keep it away from me.

It just seems like a trust issue better avoided for most couples, to me at least.

• oh, definitely! I usually don't answer mine back.

What Girls Said 1

• nope. i dont reach out to exes.