Girls, Was I wrong to slap my girlfriend?

My girlfriend slapped me hard across the face for kissing another girl in front of her. After she slapped me, I slapped her back (but lighter). She then started crying about how I broke her heart and hurt her. She then dumped me on the spot. How do I get her back?

• Yes
  • No
Select a gender to cast your vote:
Guys can not vote on this poll
I'm a Girl

16

Most Helpful Girl

• while i don't condone violence as a reasonable response for either gender, you cheated and you need to deal with the consequences.

(i'm not saying that she was right to hit you. i'm saying that your cheating on her, right in front of her no less, was slimy and wrong and that you hitting her back effectively killed any chance you had of her forgiving you.)

my advice to you is to leave the poor girl alone. she deserves better than you, and you need more help than anyone on the internet can give you.

What Girls Said 15

• OH "A girl came on to me so I just kissed her in front of my girlfriend" who then out of sheer emotion slapped me. Yes, she should not have slapped you, but in that moment I too can understand why she did... you were so wrong to slap her. You should've been apologising right then.
    You don't get her back. She gets someone who isn't a cheater.

• Try not to hit girls (light for a guy doesn't always mean light for a girl), and seriously, you think hitting's the problem here?

• First off, no one should abuse anyone.

Second, Dude, kissing another girl in front of her, thats DISRESPECT !!

What the hell were you thinking?

You can try to get her back but I dont know if she will come around. An apology is a good start..

• By breaking up with her and letting her be with someone who won't cheat on her.

• Neither of you should be slapping each other. The relationship was already over when you cheated.

I think she's hurt mainly of getting her heart ripped to pieces when she saw you kissing someone else than getting slapped back.

I would only hit someone in self-defense when it's really needed. So yes, both of you were wrong.

• She shouldn't have slapped you, I get she was upset but that situation could have been dealt with words not violence however, you just made things worse by slapping her back especially since you were in the wrong from the beginning (you cheated) so you both fucked up

• What the fuck? You kissed a girl in front of her and then you slap her? Who cares if it was a "light" slap, you don't hit a girl. She shouldn't have slapped you either, but i see why she was upset.

• I actually laughed a little. I can't tell if you're a troll or just oblivious.

• Why the fuck did you kiss another girl in front of your gf?

• dont get her back

just go f*** yourself

Thats it

• there's something wrong with you.. leave her alone, and you can just keep kissing whoever you want

• Lol you got what you deserved.

• U deserved it... plus nvr hit a girl... no matter what...

• She should not have slapped you thinking that she could get away with it because she's a girl. However, you didn't strike back in self-defense: you did it to retaliate.

I don't think you can get her back. At least if she's smart, she won't take you back.

• No clue